Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 04:31 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times

Advertisements

Not sure this is any easier for me to get to but might have more parking???

https://locations.traderjoes.com/tn/nashville/739/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 07:33 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,831,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
Not sure this is any easier for me to get to but might have more parking???

https://locations.traderjoes.com/tn/nashville/739/

Mazel Tov!!! It sucks that they couldn't open one in Mt. Juliet (would do the East part of Nashville a favor). However, that one in Green Hills was pretty dreadful to get to. It's a good Trader Joes, but being the only one in Tennessee it was insanely crowded. Everybody would be driving for miles to get there. This should help reduce the traffic and I think any neighborhood is easier to traverse than Green Hills. I utterly do not like driving around that area, despite its rather appealing looking scenery.

BTW, the Whole Foods in Franklin is way larger (even with home body care section included) and much friendlier and less crowded than the dreadful one in Green Hills. I couldn't even get a parking space at Green Hills Whole Foods. Looking forward to the new one being built in downtown that will be much closer to where I live near Mt. Juliet.

Old 10-16-2019, 07:47 PM

13,353 posts, read 39,963,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
It's a good Trader Joes, but being the only one in Tennessee it was insanely crowded. Everybody would be driving for miles to get there.
Incorrect. TJ has stores in Knoxville and Memphis as well as the 2 in Nashville.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 10-16-2019, 07:54 PM

125 posts, read 149,293 times
Looks like other people thinks TJ needs to come to the east side as East Nashville and Mt. Juliet lead votes in a Tennessean poll put out today. https://poll.fm/10434843/results?msg=voted

Old 10-16-2019, 09:47 PM

10,066 posts, read 14,444,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomandjerry45 View Post
Looks like other people thinks TJ needs to come to the east side as East Nashville and Mt. Juliet lead votes in a Tennessean poll put out today. https://poll.fm/10434843/results?msg=voted
Mt Juilet is a good spot for one. Also, I'd suggest locations for Franklin and East Nashville, maybe Mufreesboro too.

I'm sure there will be at least a 2-3 more TJ's open in the Nashville area over the next 5 years.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Incorrect. TJ has stores in Knoxville and Memphis as well as the 2 in Nashville.

Thank you for educating me JMT.. I had no clue.. Sheesh.. One in Knoxville and Memphis and they don't have 5 in Nashville? Shocking. They are losing business.. Anybody with a parking lot that overflowing and puts themselves in the most traffic ridden neighborhood has some bad logistical assessments of the demand for their business in the area. I was about ready to give up on Whole Foods in Nashville altogether until I drove to the Franklin store and was at awe with its greatness, friendly staff, easy parking and larger selection of items. In fact, I can zip to Franklin from Mt . Juliet area faster than Green Hills, if you include the traffic and zig-zagging around those labyrinth style streets.

I never understood why a store like Trader Joes, which sells discounted organic, health food and finer food products always locates themselves in wealthy neighborhoods. Of course, there was an old Trader Joes back in the hood of SE Portland that I use to shop at over 20 years ago. But, in Portland, it seemed that non-wealthy people were the ones shopping at Trader Joes and it became a bit more trendy and yuppie-friendly with the influx of Californians. I am just surprised people will pay more money at a Publix or Kroger for better quality items you can get at a Trader Joes. It is not a luxury food store.

With that being said, Whole Foods has very high quality grass fed beef from a ranch in Knoxville that is even cheaper than what Kroger or Wal-Mart is selling.. Even Whole Foods can accommodate the budget minded health food shopper if you find the right items.

The store that really disappointed me was the Turnip Truck. What a rip off and really bad customer service! They told me they would have someone call me to see if they could get certain items and they didn't bother calling me back. Any small business health food store in Oregon I would go to would always do that for a customer (give you a call back at least). The items are over priced. I got food poisoning at their hot bar where I saw flies crawling around eating and pooping all over their hot food, which was not covered or hygienic at all.

It is sad the only hippie style health food store in Nashville (Turnip Truck) is so overpriced, lacking in items and with such poor customer service.

I've been liking Sprouts (there is a nice one nearby in Murfreesboro), Whole Foods (in Franklin) and Trader Joes.. Will avoid the Green Hills one as Belle Meade would be easier to get to for me, even though its a bit farther (in mileage).

Old 10-16-2019, 10:38 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
There is a Sprouts in Franklin too.

Old 10-16-2019, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
There is a Sprouts in Franklin too.

Is it larger than the one in Murfreesboro? I will be going twice a month to Whole Foods in Franklin, so I will stop by the Sprouts. Too bad one of the closet health food stores to me (Turnip Truck) just sucks and is overpriced, in my opinion. But, I do have a Sprouts in Murfreesboro, which is fairly convenient to me.

Modcut: Removed off-topic comment

Last edited by JMT; 10-17-2019 at 04:56 AM..

Old 10-17-2019, 06:16 AM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
I don't understand TJ's location strategy, having the two stores in the Nashville area so close together. I'm originally from Indianapolis, and the only TJs in the entire state are within a few miles of each other in Northeast Indianapolis.

I'd love to have one in Hendersonville! (Or, if one ever comes to My Juliet, I want a bridge so I can get to it in under 45 minutes!)

Old 10-17-2019, 09:42 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,492,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I don't understand TJ's location strategy, having the two stores in the Nashville area so close together. I'm originally from Indianapolis, and the only TJs in the entire state are within a few miles of each other in Northeast Indianapolis.

I'd love to have one in Hendersonville! (Or, if one ever comes to My Juliet, I want a bridge so I can get to it in under 45 minutes!)
They generally only locate in the densest, high income areas of the city. If there ever is a third TJs, look for it to go in Brentwood/Cool Springs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville