Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2019, 07:37 AM

97 posts, read 155,452 times

Advertisements

I'm meeting a friend of mine who lives in Bowling Green Kentucky, I live in Nashville, and we're trying to think of a place to go for a couple days. I don't want to drive as far as Gatlinburg and have been looking for cabins to rent where hiking is available, maybe something a little different area for a change that's not quite as far as Gatlinburg. Any new ideas would be great. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2019, 07:59 AM

13,355 posts, read 39,968,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeco View Post
I'm meeting a friend of mine who lives in Bowling Green Kentucky, I live in Nashville, and we're trying to think of a place to go for a couple days. I don't want to drive as far as Gatlinburg and have been looking for cabins to rent where hiking is available, maybe something a little different area for a change that's not quite as far as Gatlinburg. Any new ideas would be great. Thanks!
Fall Creek Falls State Park:
https://tnstateparks.com/parks/cabins/fall-creek-falls

Standing Stone State Park:
https://tnstateparks.com/parks/cabins/standing-stone

Rock Island State Park:
//www.city-data.com/forum/newre...ply&p=56426026

Of those, I think Fall Creek Falls is far and away the best although it's also the most popular.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 10-17-2019, 08:02 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
A few random thoughts:

Land Between the Lakes, cabins at Fall Creek Falls State Park, Dale Hollow Lake...

Old 10-17-2019, 08:15 AM

367 posts, read 585,498 times
Monteagle may be worth a look. Its about 1 hour and 30 minutes from Nashville. They have a tiny home community that you can rent. Tons of hiking in the area and including the perimeter trail on the beautiful campus of Sewanee.

Retreat Vacations

Old 10-17-2019, 08:38 AM

97 posts, read 155,452 times
Thank you all for the replies. The state parks I had thought of but I'm trying to find something a little different and I was thinking about Monteagle but I couldn't find a place to stay. The time homes of that Retreat vacations place look nice but the two of us have never stayed together before and I'm thinking a tiny house may not be the best choice for the first time. A place with hiking and also a place to get away. I'm wondering what the area is around that Smokehouse place the restaurant where they have music sometimes? I can't think where that is. I can look that up. It's just always good to get ideas this form has helped me so much find some really Nifty places that I would have missed

Old 10-17-2019, 09:36 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,492,578 times
If you only want to go one county over, Montgomery Bell SP in Dickson Co. has cabin rentals.

Old 10-17-2019, 03:47 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
The TN state park cabin suggestions are excellent, and the hiking can't be beat.

There's usually great food in the lodge restaurants too.

Paris Landing is a good one, with the river right there, or Henry Horton. Take your pick.

Old 10-17-2019, 07:23 PM

125 posts, read 149,334 times
These guys are out in MJ fairly close to both state parks: Rockhaven Cabin Rentals – Beautiful cabins located in Nashville, TN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville