Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 05:42 PM

23 posts, read 83,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Researchin View Post
I keep seeing ads about Centex and know nothing about them other than what is on their website. Does anyone have any experience with them, the quality of homes they build, the neighborhoods, etc? We weren't considering building to be honest, but just wanted to learn more about them, just in case!
Thanks!
These two production builders are at the bottom of the list. No Joke, stay away. There are a lot of unhappy homeowners out there and the resale market on these homes are not going well. I have seen it first hand. I won't even rent one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 11:17 AM

187 posts, read 611,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertsantillo View Post
These two production builders are at the bottom of the list. No Joke, stay away. There are a lot of unhappy homeowners out there and the resale market on these homes are not going well. I have seen it first hand. I won't even rent one.
Where are you getting this information from?? Just curious, as we have just purchased one in Hendersonville.. I did some research online about Centex, and came up with nothing "terribly neggative". What list are you referring to??

Old 05-12-2008, 09:38 PM

24 posts, read 64,913 times
Sooo I guess the Centex guys wouldn't put a granite countertop in a kitchen for some extra money? I think they're making a development in the Brentwood area that isn't all built yet, and I was wondering if you could ask them to put granite in the kitchen for a price hike...guess not? They seem reluctant to change much.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:11 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,626,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally6729 View Post
Sooo I guess the Centex guys wouldn't put a granite countertop in a kitchen for some extra money? I think they're making a development in the Brentwood area that isn't all built yet, and I was wondering if you could ask them to put granite in the kitchen for a price hike...guess not? They seem reluctant to change much.

They might. From what I gather, the way Centex works is that you start with the base home, with the standard features, and they add options. I would think granite in the kitchen would be a viable extra-cost option.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:17 AM

256 posts, read 888,687 times
here is the one at hendersonville
Moderator cut: link

they do offer certian up grades there..but like the alarm only protects certain windows..I believe it didnt protectt he doors...

Last edited by Beretta; 05-15-2008 at 06:47 PM.. Reason: linking to real estate sites not permitted

Old 05-13-2008, 09:30 AM

187 posts, read 611,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally6729 View Post
Yes, you can absolutely get granite in your kitchen... we did! As far as paint colors. carpet colors, stuff like that, they only offer your very basic neutral white/off white! Kind of a bumber for us . But the good outweighed the not so good for us!

Old 05-20-2008, 10:12 AM

1,036 posts, read 2,834,635 times
I worked with Centex on building a townhome from start to finish for 8 months and everyone was really nice and the quality looked great. The customer service was pretty good, I ended up finding a house in East Nashville that I fell in love with the week I was supposed to close so I backed out and they were still really gracious. The only way you can upgrade to granite would be if that's an option they've provided for you. I have 2 friends that live in Centex homes and they like them as well. If I remember correctly at the time I was working with them (from 06-07) they were ranked no. 1 with JD Powers and Assoc.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:18 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,626,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post
I worked with Centex on building a townhome from start to finish for 8 months and everyone was really nice and the quality looked great. The customer service was pretty good, I ended up finding a house in East Nashville that I fell in love with the week I was supposed to close so I backed out and they were still really gracious. The only way you can upgrade to granite would be if that's an option they've provided for you. I have 2 friends that live in Centex homes and they like them as well. If I remember correctly at the time I was working with them (from 06-07) they were ranked no. 1 with JD Powers and Assoc.
That was really nice of them to let you back out so easily. Good to hear!

Old 05-20-2008, 06:17 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,834,635 times
Well, I did lose my $500 down payment, but that was to be expected. I didn't know how they would react because it put them in a position of having to sell another one, but they were amazing and their mortgage company offered to do all of the paperwork for the house in EN even though it wasn't Centex just so I didn't have to go through any extra trouble. That's above and beyond.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:47 AM

4 posts, read 8,772 times
Centex is a decent builder. Nothing custom, nothing flashy. The only problem I had with Centex, this is the same problem I had with them in Michigan, they go for quantity over custom quality. A typical Centex subdivision will be .25 acres or less, which the'r sales people consider a "large" lot. Other than that, they build a decent house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville