Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 04:15 PM

1,213 posts, read 956,449 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
from what I understand, some of the local pubs and restaurants have been open or a bit now. Just curious to hear the thoughts from residents - are people going out? Is it working? Any spikes being reported? I ask because my brother is starting a new job down there and asked me to head down there next weekend to help him get settled. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-23-2020, 04:53 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsport View Post
Hi all,
from what I understand, some of the local pubs and restaurants have been open or a bit now. Just curious to hear the thoughts from residents - are people going out? Is it working? Any spikes being reported? I ask because my brother is starting a new job down there and asked me to head down there next weekend to help him get settled. Thanks in advance.
You can see the latest Nashville stats here:

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/ma...avidson-county

Cases are still trending upward. Davidson County was +66 from Thursday to Friday.

The age range in Nashville with the highest number of positive cases is 21-30.

Here is the health department's website.

https://www.asafenashville.org/

Nashville is entering phase 2 of its reopening plan on Monday, which means restaurants and retail businesses can open with 75% of full capacity. Live music can return in a phased format with no more than 25 people present, amusement, attractions and salons can reopen at 50% capacity. All employees in Davidson County businesses are required to wear masks.

I've been surprised at how many customers are not wearing masks when I've gone out.

Old 05-24-2020, 03:27 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,723,343 times
Quote:
I've been surprised at how many customers are not wearing masks when I've gone out.
Agreed. And it also looks like some restaurants are doing much better at spacing out people than others. Quite a few restaurants have decided not to do in-house dining, but only continue to do takeout and delivery for now. Personally I would not eat inside a restaurant right now. I would consider patio dining.

Old 05-24-2020, 08:12 AM

528 posts, read 1,284,564 times
We are in town this weekend looking at houses for a possible relocation here. I am shocked by the fact that 90% of people are not wearing masks. We wore masks into all is the houses we looked at and so did the realtors but at restaurants? Not so much. We had lunch in downtown Franklin yesterday and did eat inside. The tables are far enough apart and the servers and all employees all were wearing masks (though not always covering their mouth and nose) but the customers did not. We actually did not wear them once we sat down either. Last night we had dinner at a restaurant near our hotel. We walked in with our masks on and the attendant had one on but that was it. None of the other people in the entire restaurant had them on (and people were actually staring at us) and none of the servers did at all. We sat outside and were far enough apart from other tables but it just seemed like normal business. Honestly, we came from north of Atlanta and haven’t really been out besides super market shopping where 80% wear masks so I have no idea if people are wearing them around town there either. i felt better once I looked up the very low number of cases in Williamson County you all have seen. Pretty amazing!!

Old 05-24-2020, 08:56 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Well, to be fair, I wouldn't wear one inside a restaurant either, since it's impossible to eat with a mask on.

Old 05-25-2020, 04:11 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,548,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinginbuffalo View Post
We are in town this weekend looking at houses for a possible relocation here. I am shocked by the fact that 90% of people are not wearing masks. We wore masks into all is the houses we looked at and so did the realtors but at restaurants? Not so much. We had lunch in downtown Franklin yesterday and did eat inside. The tables are far enough apart and the servers and all employees all were wearing masks (though not always covering their mouth and nose) but the customers did not. We actually did not wear them once we sat down either. Last night we had dinner at a restaurant near our hotel. We walked in with our masks on and the attendant had one on but that was it. None of the other people in the entire restaurant had them on (and people were actually staring at us) and none of the servers did at all. We sat outside and were far enough apart from other tables but it just seemed like normal business. Honestly, we came from north of Atlanta and haven’t really been out besides super market shopping where 80% wear masks so I have no idea if people are wearing them around town there either. i felt better once I looked up the very low number of cases in Williamson County you all have seen. Pretty amazing!!
I feel like the difference between Williamson County and Davidson County on mask wearing is stark. The only place people seem to be wearing masks in Williamson is Costco. I went to Kroger in Green Hills on Saturday and it was busy but only a total of 3 folks without masks (all male), I wouldn't wear a mask at a restaurant either but when we've done take out this week everyone was wearing mass in West Nashville.

Old 05-25-2020, 06:12 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,092,819 times
I have noticed that the people most likely to wear a mask are over 50 and female. Even a few weeks ago mask wearers were maybe 30% of the customers. I am still just doing take out.

Old 05-25-2020, 08:05 AM

I’m seeing along the same lines as septimus - more masks than not, all ages and sex. I had to go to Ashland City for something and not a lot of masks on in Cheetham Co. either.

Old 05-25-2020, 06:52 PM

1,285 posts, read 2,357,893 times
I havent eaten in a restaurant yet. I always go out with a mask on. I think more people in Nashville wear them than outside the city.

Old 05-25-2020, 07:01 PM

We went down to Arrington Vineyards today. They did a great job with social distancing. All of the workers had masks and it was a split as to whether the patrons did or not.

On the way home we took the scenic tour and drove down Broadway and there were a number of tourists there and nary a mask in sight except on security sitting at the doors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville