Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2008, 01:01 PM

1,325 posts, read 4,195,685 times

Advertisements

Trying to help out someone who lived in Nashboro Village (way out Murfreesboro Road a mile or so past Donelson Pike) back in 1983 and is considering it again.

Can anyone tell me what might have changed in Nashboro Village during the past 25 years? Also the surrounding area?

Is it still a safe, good community and area?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 11:08 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,623,384 times
The Nashboro Village area has grown tremendously. I moved from that area to Murfreesboro in 2000 and now when I go back, I don't even recognize it. Everything is built up on Murfreesboro Rd. The traffic was horrible in 2000, so I can only imagine what it is like now. Honestly, I am not sure about the safety aspect.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:22 AM

I am curious about something. People always talk about how dangerous Antioch is these days. Nashboro Village is sort of close to Antioch I believe and I am wondering if this crime situation spills over to that section of Murfreesboro Rd?

Old 05-04-2008, 11:32 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,204,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsimicata View Post
I am curious about something. People always talk about how dangerous Antioch is these days. Nashboro Village is sort of close to Antioch I believe and I am wondering if this crime situation spills over to that section of Murfreesboro Rd?
From what I hear, it has. I don't think it's terrible, but still not very good.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:36 PM

Well, I would assume housing/condo prices throughout Nashboro Village must have been hurt by this? I wonder if people who purchased 8 yrs ago have a situation where there properties have gone down in value?

I know there are a lot of condos/townhouses/maybe even single families in addition to apartments in the complex.

Does anyone on the board here know anything about the current state of affairs at Nashboro Village?

Old 05-06-2008, 12:48 PM

3 posts, read 12,162 times
having grown up in Antioch and very familiar with the area, here is my take. Back in the day, Nashboro Village was "high end". It was a higher priced community to get in to. Since then, their prices are still in the same range as before, as is the other then newer and now older areas. 20 years ago $800 for an apartment was a lot and not everyone could afford it. So you had different neighbors then. Now, 800 is pretty average and affordable by more people and so those people who might not have been your neighbors before are now moving in. Nashboro Village has still held on to some of that "prestige" being on a golf course and all, but it doesnt compete with the newer subdivisions that have come in during the past 20 years.

Traffic is still bad. The school systems, if that is a factor, is Davidson County and still sucks like it always has

Old 05-06-2008, 01:13 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,010 times
Nashboro Village has gone way downhill even since 2004, when I first came to Nashville. At least two sections of the complex (Village Green and Doubletree) have gone to Section 8, and break-ins and drug activity are serious problems. Illegals have gained a major presence in this community as well.

In addition to the vast expanse of apartments in Nashboro Village, there are also condos and single-family units available for purchase. However, the decline of the community as a whole has caused the prices of these houses to fall at Bear-Stearns-like speed. The last time I checked, there was a less-than-five-year-old condo on the market in Nashboro Village for less than $70K. Somebody lost their shirt like a dancer at a topless bar!

Old 05-06-2008, 05:44 PM

Wow. It sounds horrible now. Can't believe how much it has changed. I feel sorry for the people who bought there based on the info. you shared.

Horrible to loose money on a property in Nashville (where I thought the real estate mkt was more stable).

Old 05-22-2010, 09:04 PM

1 posts, read 6,453 times
I live in village green apts. It is really bad out here...im 17 yrs old and ill be lucky to see 18. Cops are called mostly to village green and double tree everyday. Gun shots, yelling, solicting, and drugs are what you you will mostly find here. ~CJ~

Old 05-24-2010, 06:51 AM

815 posts, read 2,017,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj93 View Post
I live in village green apts. It is really bad out here...im 17 yrs old and ill be lucky to see 18. Cops are called mostly to village green and double tree everyday. Gun shots, yelling, solicting, and drugs are what you you will mostly find here. ~CJ~
Thats a really strong statement there to say you'll be lucky to see 18... Seems as if you may need to change your life stlye... don't think the apartments have much to do with that situation...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: