Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2023, 08:52 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,479,953 times

Advertisements

I currently own a home in Franklin. I am not in love with it but I am priced out of Franklin. I have seen affordable new construction in Murfreesboro online. I am kind of on the fence because all I know is Franklin. I am not sure if I should update my home little by little or sell it and move out of Franklin. What are your thoughts?

Old 02-01-2023, 01:31 PM

194 posts, read 189,873 times
There's a reason why Brentwood and Franklin have higher priced homes. It's just a better, more desirable area to be in. What matters more to you - a nicer area or bigger, newer home?

I also think 24 is worse than 65 for whatever it's worth, in regard to a commute to Nashville.

Old 02-01-2023, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplant99 View Post
There's a reason why Brentwood and Franklin have higher priced homes. It's just a better, more desirable area to be in. What matters more to you - a nicer area or bigger, newer home?

I also think 24 is worse than 65 for whatever it's worth, in regard to a commute to Nashville.
That is the question. I don't want to leave Franklin. I hate dealing with contractors. They are the worse people to deal with.

Old 02-04-2023, 11:37 PM

537 posts, read 443,644 times
It's not clear what your situation is.

You're not going to find a new home in Middle Tennessee that's really inexpensive. Sure, the Boro is less expensive, but not cheap. You'll find better housing to be in homes that are 10-15 years old.

Franklin is a very unique community with a median home selling price last year approaching $1 million. If you could sell for the really big money and buy a home at an advantageous price go for it.

I have many friends in Nashville and Franklin that already own homes. Sure they could sell for big money but they'd most likely have to pay more for their next home because they'll want nicer, larger homes. They're kind of stuck in the homes they currently own.

Old 02-07-2023, 11:01 AM

7,538 posts, read 17,224,480 times
I'd hang onto my house for the next 5 years or so.

Old 02-07-2023, 01:33 PM

10,055 posts, read 14,422,738 times
If you can, stay put in Franklin.

The property values are only going to continue to increase, as-is the population and desirability of Franklin.

Franklin is one the most desirable suburbs in the US--and one of the nicest.

Murfreesboro is a nice area as well, but it is not even close to being in the same tier in terms of median income, upscale desirability and property values, as Franklin.

To use an automobile analogy, Murfreesboro is a loaded Toyota Camry but Franklin is a Mercedes Benz.

What's driving the possible move? Just because you don't love your house? If you can stick it out, I'd stay put for several more years at least, and watch your house value continue to go up and up.

Old 02-07-2023, 08:33 PM

3,037 posts, read 3,306,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
I currently own a home in Franklin. I am not in love with it but I am priced out of Franklin. I have seen affordable new construction in Murfreesboro online. I am kind of on the fence because all I know is Franklin. I am not sure if I should update my home little by little or sell it and move out of Franklin. What are your thoughts?
Maybe look at Nolensville.

Old 02-08-2023, 06:50 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,929,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
I currently own a home in Franklin.
I am not in love with it but I am priced out of Franklin.
I have seen affordable new construction in Murfreesboro online.
What are your thoughts?
With all those I's, the singular reference, if it really isn't just you ... it needs to be made clear.
As to you and you alone ... affordable mostly boils down to how many share the kitchen and bathrooms.

Quote:
I am kind of on the fence because all I know is Franklin.
I am not sure if I should update my home little by little or sell it and move out of Franklin.
The only question I see is in HOW you get that cash to do the work or the move and then keep up with the monthlies (See above).
But yeah ... STAY and do the work well or Go but choose a property that lends itself to how you'll use it.

Old 02-09-2023, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJunior View Post
It's not clear what your situation is.

You're not going to find a new home in Middle Tennessee that's really inexpensive. Sure, the Boro is less expensive, but not cheap. You'll find better housing to be in homes that are 10-15 years old.

Franklin is a very unique community with a median home selling price last year approaching $1 million. If you could sell for the really big money and buy a home at an advantageous price go for it.

I have many friends in Nashville and Franklin that already own homes. Sure they could sell for big money but they'd most likely have to pay more for their next home because they'll want nicer, larger homes. They're kind of stuck in the homes they currently own.
I am in the same predicament. I am priced out of Franklin. Murfreesboro is within my price range.

Old 02-09-2023, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
I'd hang onto my house for the next 5 years or so.
That is probably the right thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville