Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2008, 11:23 AM

1 posts, read 6,817 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Nashville soon and was wondering if anyone could give me information on the following apt./condo complexes.

1) The Fountains

2) Dunham Station Condos

3) 865 Bellevue

4) Grande View

5) The Lakes

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 10:07 PM

5 posts, read 24,912 times
I currently live in the Lakes of Bellevue. I've been here for almost 4 years but I am looking to move. When I first moved in things were great. Maybe a year or so ago a new management company took over. In my opinion, the office staff does not care about the residents. I have had to call more then once about maintenance requests. You can complain about loud/disruptive neighbors multiple times and all they will do is put a note on their door.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:02 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by em917 View Post
I will be moving to Nashville soon and was wondering if anyone could give me information on the following apt./condo complexes.

1) The Fountains

2) Dunham Station Condos

3) 865 Bellevue

4) Grande View

5) The Lakes

Thanks!
I always heard HORRIBLE things about 865 Bellevue (formerly Knollwood) when I lived in that part of town. I lived in Valley Ridge, which was clean, safe, and very inexpensive, but not a great "scene" for young people. Across the street at The Lakes, however, was AWESOME. Great people, great "scenery" at the pool, etc. However, I haven't been on the premises since the management changed, and according to the above poster, things have gone downhill.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:18 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times
I lived at 865 twenty-something years ago when it was Knollwood. I lived there for a year. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't all that nice either. Two or three years ago they completely remodeled the apartments and I thought maybe they had done a good job with it (they look fairly nice from the outside), but from what I've heard they're still not very nice.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:26 PM

195 posts, read 525,419 times
I just got to Nash. Currently taking a week-by-week at Intown Suites. Cost is $190 (exc tax) per week. Its in Antioch, which was kinda approached with lots of prayers, but now that Im here, hey its not bad. It did say they have "hi-speed" but that is if you could access it. Anyways, the place is just accross a Walmart and gas station so yay. And then there's Dairy Queen walk distance.

Now, Im driving further north to look for yearly-term apartments where I could stay for about 2 years until Ive saved enough money to buy my own.

Im budgeting $600 and below. I just need a safe quiet and not shabby place (because I will be open studying at night after I get back from work). Sadly most apartments I looked at look shabby - parliament, berkely ridge, biltmore (the pits), etc.

I did like Glastonbury Woods, a small community, 7 buildings (no need to fall long lines to the entry/exit during peak hours). It's only $545 for 1br. Another one is Mission Hickory (in Arbor Creek), it's cheaper at $515 but very large community (17 buildings).

Both looks clean. Any ideas on the two (safety, noise, etc). I know with the price, it's really not pretty but I don't intend to stay forever here. Just enough to get me through the next stage (home-ownership).

Also, please recommend other apartments (am ok with studio type) that has below $600 that you know are a bit ok.

Old 09-03-2008, 02:45 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashter View Post
I did like Glastonbury Woods, a small community, 7 buildings (no need to fall long lines to the entry/exit during peak hours). It's only $545 for 1br. Another one is Mission Hickory (in Arbor Creek), it's cheaper at $515 but very large community (17 buildings).

Both looks clean. Any ideas on the two (safety, noise, etc). I know with the price, it's really not pretty but I don't intend to stay forever here. Just enough to get me through the next stage (home-ownership).

Also, please recommend other apartments (am ok with studio type) that has below $600 that you know are a bit ok.
Scratch both of those complexes from your list and move your search to the Stewarts Ferry area at Exit 219 off I-40. Check out The Trails, Mission Priest Lake, Lincoya Bay, Stewarts Ferry, and Creekstone. I guarantee that you will find something for $600 or under. Please don't stay in the Antioch area if you value your safety and personal possessions.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:16 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,628,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Scratch both of those complexes from your list and move your search to the Stewarts Ferry area at Exit 219 off I-40. Check out The Trails, Mission Priest Lake, Lincoya Bay, Stewarts Ferry, and Creekstone. I guarantee that you will find something for $600 or under. Please don't stay in the Antioch area if you value your safety and personal possessions.
I agree with Pimpy. Please, do not rent at either of those places. You will be sorry you did. I worked with a woman who lived at Glastonbury and she said it was horrible and moved as quickly as she could.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:21 AM

2 posts, read 13,128 times
Default Dunham Station

I lived at Dunham Station in the past two years. Horrible place. At the time part of the units were owned by a half way house. Something they don't tell you when you move in. The police are there at least once a week. In the year that I lived there, we had a stabbing, a rape, and two different drug busts. The tenants in the apartment across the way from us were eventually evicted after lots of complaints from the drug traffic.

Definitely not a place I would ever consider living in.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:25 AM

2 posts, read 13,128 times
oh and also forgot to mention that the property owner could care less about fixing any of the maintenance issues. a tenant in another unit reported him to City codes for mold and other issues. outside exterior doors to some units are more like closet doors.....hollow. definitely not safe.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:24 PM

1 posts, read 5,158 times
I see that Mcat posted about Dunham's Station in 2008. I cannot comment on 2006-2008 but I can report that in 2009 and 2010, there are no units owned by a halfway house or rented to a halfway house, and it is a very nice place to live, quiet and safe. The person that owned most of the units in 2006-2008 sold them all in 2008. Now, there are many different owners and they seem to all take care of their units. The exterior is also kept up nicely and there have not been any disturbances while I have lived here. Hope this helps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville