Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 06:14 PM

162 posts, read 604,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skljtaylor View Post
I HAVE to share this with you! The most beautiful chapel to get married at in Nashville is by far Scarritt-Bennett Center (Wightman Chapel)..here's the link: www.scarrittbennett.org

It is completely non-demoninational and I believe that you can now have a reception there too. I got married there in 1999 and I have to say it was amazing. Great photo ops, beautiful center isle chapel. The cost to rent the chapel then was only $800, I understand it has went up quite a bit since then (word got out how fabulous it was). It is also next to Music Row, so very scenic and entertaining area for guests. We had our reception at The Cumberland Club in downtown across from the Hermitage Hotel. I would have rather had the reception at SBC, but at the time it was not an offering.

I hope this helps! FYI....I had to pay for my wedding and cost was a huge factor. I think our wedding and modest reception cost about $8000. Keep in mind though, that was in 1999. GOOD LUCK!
Hey Skljtaylor, Thanks for this info. I've actually visited their site before attempting to get information and decided against it because the reception has to be "non-alcoholic" and it ended up being out of my price range too

You guys have been so helpful!! Thanks so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 07:39 PM

215 posts, read 712,698 times
If you consider doing an outdoor wedding, the Iris Garden at the Ellington Agricultural Center is only $100 for the day, and is beautiful.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:11 AM

156 posts, read 451,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by storey13 View Post
If you consider doing an outdoor wedding, the Iris Garden (http://state.tn.us/agriculture/administ/iris.html - broken link) at the Ellington Agricultural Center is only $100 for the day, and is beautiful.
Ooooh, that does look beautiful!! I've been keeping an eye on this topic as I am getting married, but not until 2010 - so we have lots of time to plan.

Does anyone have experience with the Two Rivers Mansion? My fiance said he's played for wedding there (as a musician) and the inside left something to be desired.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:12 PM

Great! Thanks...I just visited the state website and viewed the garden. That is a definite steal! I think I have a venue but this is another great option.

Teacher2be...Two Rivers Mansion has come highly recommended by people in this forum.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:19 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,625,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawillia View Post
Great! Thanks...I just visited the state website and viewed the garden. That is a definite steal! I think I have a venue but this is another great option.

Teacher2be...Two Rivers Mansion has come highly recommended by people in this forum.

Plus Two River's Mansion is supposedly haunted, so that gives it somewhat of a flavor so to speak.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:31 PM

Thanks Steve_TN! LOL Anywho, Storey13 where exactly is Iris Garden located?

Old 12-21-2008, 01:23 PM

1 posts, read 11,452 times
Default If not too late try Springhaven Mansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawillia View Post
Please Help!! My fiance and I are planning to get married next year (September 2009) and are in desperate need of some help...We are new to the Nashville area so don't know where to look into for some affordable venues.

We want to have the wedding/ reception somewhere nice but not too pricey. Any suggestions?
This post may be too late for you but maybe others will find it helpful. Springhaven Mansion is a historic home in the Nashville area, actually Hendersonville north of town. Ms Cheap gave it in a list of more inexpensive places to have a wedding. But it is not a cheap place. Very nice...I've officiated several weddings out there. Hope this helps someone. -Ralph G

Nashville Wedding Minister

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTCyx5LERdI"]YouTube - Looking for a Nashville Wedding Minister?[/URL]

Old 12-21-2008, 06:34 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,286,064 times
The is a place in Franklin called Carnton Plantation. It is not as fancy as Belle Meade or Belmont Mansion, but still beautiful and historic. Perhaps you could rent it and have an outside wedding with a tent for the reception.

Also, while I'm not sure the Hermitage is available for weddings the other mansion ( I think the name is Tulip Poplar) may be. I think it was the home of Jackson's neice and there is also an adjacent church I think.

Also there is a place out on McGavock Pike, but I can't remember the name. It is a beautiful old home. One of my high-school friends married there.

There are also some beautiful antibellium homes down in Maury County that may be available.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:52 AM

6 posts, read 29,656 times
Default Wedding in Nashville

Pawillia, I hope you were able to finalize your wedding details. I'm moving down to Nashville this summer and planning a wedding there for March 2010...any suggestions from one seasoned bride to a newbie? =)

Thanks to everyone else for their suggestions. I really like Cedarwood a lot. Is March a bit too unreliable for an outdoor wedding? Thanks a million.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:04 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,412 times
Another New Addition is the The Barn @the loveless Cafe

Loveless Barn (http://www.lovelessbarn.com/events.html - broken link)

Diane G
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville