Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2007, 12:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,385 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are relocating to the Nashville area. We are actually looking just outside of Nashville. We like the small town living, with the conveniences of the bigger city. We have a daughter with MS, and sometimes requires frequent medical attention. I have heard good things about Murphreesboro, and surrounding areas. What I am trying to find out is what is the cost of living, compared the the cost of living in Florida?

Also we will be in the area next week, are there any local restaraunts we should check out while we are in the area?

Thanks,
Sandi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 05:05 PM

225 posts, read 1,144,030 times
Hi Sandi,

If you want to send me a PM about specific living expenses in FL I can certainly give you a comparison of what things cost here in Murfreesboro. As far as restaurants ~ we have so many! If you want to spend a little money on a really, really nice dinner you need to try Five Senses. It is amazing and the chef prepares everything fresh. It is said that one of the best restaurants in Nashville is actually in Murfreesboro.

B. McNeels and Marinos is located in the downtown district and are both very, very good. Marinos is Italian and B. McNeels is more upscale beef, chicken, salad type of restaurant.

Next to the current mall is Milanos which is also very good Italian but they have other selections as well. Linen table cloths, and nice atmosphere but not very expensive.

There is a Bone Fish Grill that recently opened, Carrabas, Fuji Japanese Steak House, and the other run of the meal franchise restaurants like Outback, Chili's etc.

Hope that helps!

Old 02-01-2007, 08:53 PM

66 posts, read 369,173 times
Default Also relocating to Nashville area

I am also looking into relocating to the Nashville area. I was told Murfreesboro is the place to be. It is big, but also has that small town atmosphere. What are the best schools to be in. I need an honest opinion from someone who lives in the area. I would like to know what area of Murfreesboro we need to move to. Thanks for the info!

Old 02-02-2007, 10:23 AM

408 posts, read 1,978,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topropeprincess View Post
I am also looking into relocating to the Nashville area. I was told Murfreesboro is the place to be. It is big, but also has that small town atmosphere. What are the best schools to be in. I need an honest opinion from someone who lives in the area. I would like to know what area of Murfreesboro we need to move to. Thanks for the info!
I always heard that Blackman and Seigel were the best schools. If nothing else, it is because they are newer and more modern things were built into the school.

Old 02-03-2007, 11:07 AM

9 posts, read 42,010 times
Smile food in nashville

If you like organic & kosher check out Goldies Deli around the McCabe Park, 4501 Murphy Rd. Simple restuarant good sandwiches and soups, not expensive.

If you like Tex-Mex and cool, eclectic people, check out the Alleycat Lounge in East Nashville, 1008 Woodland St. There are plenty of other restuarants in this area...and a cool nitelife. None of the restaurants are too expensive (2 can eat for less than $30, easy).

We loved the food at both (although Goldies is healthier) and loved both areas.

And, of course, there's bar-b-que everywhere. You can smell it going down the streets...yummy, yummy!

enjoy the grub!

Old 02-07-2007, 04:48 PM

156 posts, read 680,099 times
I just moved to Franklin from San Diego...
We have driving everywhere....Nolensville is nice...and there is an area called Thompson Station that is new and rapidly building....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville