Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 07:09 PM

450 posts, read 1,503,140 times

Advertisements

Anyone here from the Central Valley of California? We moved to Portland in April and are interested to see if there are others around here. From say from Bakersfield to Redding up the 99 or I-5. We would never think about going back. We still have family there and none out here and get lonesome once in a while.

P.S. We MISS TRI-TIP Sandwiches and Linguisa..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 07:50 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,630,018 times
We're from the Sierras. North of you, but we get so excited when we spot a tri-tip at Publix or Whole Foods We miss dim sum and Gallo salami.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
We're from the Sierras. North of you, but we get so excited when we spot a tri-tip at Publix or Whole Foods We miss dim sum and Gallo salami.
You saw Tri-Tip at Publix? Really Which one? Oh MY and I bet I can get Gallo salami shipped here for the Holidays. Hmmmm and Yummmmmm

Old 08-19-2008, 04:54 AM

LMAO! We had it shipped once too! My husband's a salami junkie, and nothing does it for him like Gallo.

ONe of the Franklin stores, but not often. Thus the excitement.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:19 AM

Yes we have a trucker friend who makes runs form California with fresh Fruit and Veggies and he brought out some Plums and Nectarines that where cold (From the Reefer Truck). They were cases and we were able to share them with our neighbors. It helped us get to know them. Oh so goooooooooood.

We love it here but there are things that we miss. But you have to sacrifice some things from your home state in order to live in such a wonderful STATE as Tennessee.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:54 AM

Agreed.

Still.....if you ever find a dim sum place within 100 miles....LET US KNOW!

Old 08-19-2008, 11:25 AM

I will have to admit I had to look up dim sum and now that I know what it is... I WANT SUM TOO!!!!! If I should find I will let ya know....

Old 08-25-2008, 10:45 AM

15 posts, read 58,175 times
Default We're from the good old valley too....

My husband and I both grew up in Merced, CA, so I know the valley like the back of my hand. We came to Tennessee mostly for cost of living and schools, and we live in Williamson County now. But now that the "bubble" has burst back home, I think we'll probably go back.

Costco and Publix both have Tri-tip and our friends here have no idea what it is! I also miss the awesome California produce and being able to cool off at the beach with just a 2 hour drive.

People here are great, and very friendly, but it's just not home....

Old 08-26-2008, 08:19 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,904,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
Anyone here from the Central Valley of California? We moved to Portland in April and are interested to see if there are others around here. From say from Bakersfield to Redding up the 99 or I-5. We would never think about going back. We still have family there and none out here and get lonesome once in a while.

P.S. We MISS TRI-TIP Sandwiches and Linguisa..
wow what a culture gap...were you in or near Cambria? Why did you move to TN?
I lived in Santa Monica...as close as I got but loved san luis obispo and solvang...oaji very ccol...you MUST miss the fruits veggies and farmers markets and NO humidity.........they don't do Veggies in TN12b

Old 08-26-2008, 08:20 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,904,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergusonsix View Post
My husband and I both grew up in Merced, CA, so I know the valley like the back of my hand. We came to Tennessee mostly for cost of living and schools, and we live in Williamson County now. But now that the "bubble" has burst back home, I think we'll probably go back.

Costco and Publix both have Tri-tip and our friends here have no idea what it is! I also miss the awesome California produce and being able to cool off at the beach with just a 2 hour drive.

People here are great, and very friendly, but it's just not home....
I'll bite -what's a tri-tip
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville