Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 08:24 PM

156 posts, read 451,605 times

Advertisements

First day of school tomorrow! Good luck to the new Freshman finding their way around campus. Remember to read the signs about parking decal info

I FINALLY start working and classes. It's been a long and many times boring summer and I look forward to continuing my education and finally WORKING! Come Friday I'm sure I'll feel entirely different though LOL

Old 08-24-2008, 08:28 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,532,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher2Be View Post
First day of school tomorrow! Good luck to the new Freshman finding their way around campus. Remember to read the signs about parking decal info

I FINALLY start working and classes. It's been a long and many times boring summer and I look forward to continuing my education and finally WORKING! Come Friday I'm sure I'll feel entirely different though LOL
Hear hear! It was exactly one year ago today that I left my son on the MTSU campus after convocation and cried nearly all the way back to Knoxville.

Sending hugs to all the parents that are having a rough night. Here's to the new college students! ::cheers::

Old 08-26-2008, 05:38 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,375,108 times
Good Luck Teacher -to -be, Glad you are working also! I took my daughter up on Saturday, but LOL, I went back on Sunday to go food shopping with her. I'm only 45 min away, so not a big trip.

Smokey Mountain Gal, Good luck to your son also.
To, a Great year to all MTSU students!

Diane G

Old 08-28-2008, 05:58 AM

1,715 posts, read 6,985,564 times
Be careful with those limited parking spaces.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:12 PM

156 posts, read 451,605 times
Yes Mike, I heard about this yesterday on Campus and we were all actually sent e-mails about it - insane really. Thankfully with my Fiance working at MTSU, we have a white permit, so it's all good for us

Today was a whole new experience with the football game going on and all the tents set up between Peck and Cope. The grills smelled so delicious!!! We were really peeved when we got home and found out the game was NOT on the regular ESPN as advertised

Another thing, it would have been nice if MTSU would have sent notes to the students about he Raider Xpress temporary run line changes - I only knew because they sent the message out to staff, so my fiance printed out the new map for me - big changes!

Now to get my body used to this new schedule....

Old 08-28-2008, 09:18 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,375,108 times
Mike, I heard! I belong to the MTSU parents association and also to their Yahoo group, and parents were posting about the incident.
Good Thing my Daughters off Campus apt is on Greenland. She can opt to walk or take a campus bus. She mostly walks.

Diane G

Old 08-28-2008, 10:05 PM

764 posts, read 2,551,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Mike, I heard! I belong to the MTSU parents association and also to their Yahoo group, and parents were posting about the incident.
Good Thing my Daughters off Campus apt is on Greenland. She can opt to walk or take a campus bus. She mostly walks.

Diane G
I lived in an apartment off Greenland when I went to MTSU in '91. It was so GREAT to be able to walk to class and not have to deal with finding a parking space, even though it sucked in the rain and cold weather. parking has been such a major problem at MTSU for well over 20 years. It's a shame they can't figure it out yet!

Old 08-29-2008, 06:11 AM

I agree with you Mary. I am on the same listserv as Diane and too have heard of the parking incident. Isn't it about time that MTSU started focusing on positive changes to parking? Isn't it time that MTSU fixed huge annoyances like the parking issue so that the students could focus on learning and not have the stress of parking?

I would feel a little better about the ridiculous amount of citations issued for parking if I knew that the collected revenue was going toward more parking spaces or somehow fixing the problem.

Murfreesboro should also get involved as MTSU's problem here is an embarrassment for the city. M'boro has a lot on the ball and they could surely help MTSU with this as MTSU can't seem to solve it on their own.

MTSU has a lot on the ball but the parking woes are an obvious detraction from their program. Come on MTSU, face the issue. You wanted to have the most undergrad students in Tennesssee; you have that now. With that goal came responsibilities; it's time you live up to taking care of your problem. What a horrible reflection on your institution that it has come to your students being hurt and criminally charged. You are an accessory to this.

::: off soapbox now :::

Old 08-29-2008, 06:22 AM

1,715 posts, read 6,985,564 times
In all fairness, I think MTSU has more parking spaces per student than most four year universities. My experience was that many students just refused to walk any distance over five minutes.

I think I lived 1.2 miles from the Murphy Center, where most of my classes were. The only times I drove were if had to go to a public school for field experience or I was carrying something heavy. Otherwise, I rode my bike or *gasp* walked - something that was unfathomable to most of my peers.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in TN View Post
In all fairness, I think MTSU has more parking spaces per student than most four year universities. My experience was that many students just refused to walk any distance over five minutes.
Hmm, that's not what they told us at CUSTOMS in regards to Tennessee. Perhaps on the national level you are correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville