Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 10:13 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,626,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parawing742 View Post
There is a roundabout in the Brentwood Town Center area also. I know some people find them frustrating, but once you get used to them, they are actually superior than a regular four way stop. When traffic volume is low, you don't even have to slow down much. Just because they appear in comedy films doesn't mean they are actually bad.
I have experienced enough of them in my life to official say they stink, especially when there is traffic. Trust me, they are not, by any means, superior to 4-way stops. If they were superior, then why are many traffic circles being demolished and replaced with traditional intersections?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 05:24 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,058 times
I live in Franklin and work on the row, and I can honestly say I have never had a problem with them.

I know you feel strongly about most things, but can't you consider the possibility that this isn't a big deal?

Old 10-28-2008, 07:50 AM

2,179 posts, read 4,987,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
I hate traffic circles. They are completely idiotic! New Jersey was in the process of getting rid of many when I left there in 94.

oh man! i asked someone in new jersey about this and they said they hate driving in nj. they are everywhere!!!

Old 10-28-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
I live in Franklin and work on the row, and I can honestly say I have never had a problem with them.

I know you feel strongly about most things, but can't you consider the possibility that this isn't a big deal?
I am sorry I did not word my answer in a sugar-coated fashion. I am straightforward and direct and it is obvious you cannot handle it or understand it, as I did not make a "big deal" out of it. I stated my opionon and moved on. So, in order to avoid conflict, please do not bother reading or responding to what I post because I am not adjusting my writing style to better suit you. You seem to be the only one with an issue with it. Thank you for your cooperation in maintaining a sense of calm in this forum.

Steve

Old 10-28-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingLA2010 View Post
oh man! i asked someone in new jersey about this and they said they hate driving in nj. they are everywhere!!!

There are more traffic accidents at those lousy circles because they are so confusing. I was glad they removed a few of them I encountered in my travels while in NJ. From what I understand, they have removed even more, but I am sure NJ is still full of them.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
I am sorry I did not word my answer in a sugar-coated fashion. I am straightforward and direct and it is obvious you cannot handle it or understand it, as I did not make a "big deal" out of it. I stated my opionon and moved on. So, in order to avoid conflict, please do not bother reading or responding to what I post because I am not adjusting my writing style to better suit you. You seem to be the only one with an issue with it. Thank you for your cooperation in maintaining a sense of calm in this forum.

Steve
I see a touched a nerve. How about decaf?

Seriously, why be so confrontational? Chill.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
I see a touched a nerve. How about decaf?

Seriously, why be so confrontational? Chill.
What nerve is there to touch? You seem to not get me at all and obviously want to continue the nonsense from that post in the Tennessee forum. I'm not here or this. Whatever.....

Last edited by Steve_TN; 10-28-2008 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-28-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
What nerve is there to touch? You seem to not get me at all and obviously want to continue the nonsense from that post in the Tennessee forum. You are the one who starts the confrontation and I am no longer going to acknowledge anything you say. I'm not here or this.
Not sure what that's about, the TN forum??

This is pointless, though, so deal. Done

Back to the traffic circles!

Old 10-28-2008, 07:17 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,864 times
Quote:
There are more traffic accidents at those lousy circles because they are so confusing. I was glad they removed a few of them I encountered in my travels while in NJ. From what I understand, they have removed even more, but I am sure NJ is still full of them.
Steve, Everytime I drove to the shore in NJ, I encountered 2 huge traffic circles. Sometimes for fear of my life I went around a few times to exit. I hate those things, but I have not seen a real threatning one here. There may be, but I have not encountered one yet, and hope not to.

Diane G

Old 10-29-2008, 11:11 AM

627 posts, read 1,846,177 times
There are several in McKay's Mill in Franklin. Overall, there's not much traffic and they are vastly superior to stop signs or stoplights. But once you get more than 2 cars near one, prepare to act as if it is a 4 way stop, because everybody thinks it's somebody else's turn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville