Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 11:35 AM

4 posts, read 21,015 times

Advertisements

My sister in law loves shopping for antiques and My wife and I like to shop for junk. We all take a little trip every few weeks to nearby small towns within about 150 miles of Clarksville Tennessee and seem to have run out of places to go. Anyone know of any great little out of the way places that might be of interest to us? Northern Middle Tennessee or Southeastern Kentucky.

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 11:54 AM

290 posts, read 1,054,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttermilk View Post
My sister in law loves shopping for antiques and My wife and I like to shop for junk. We all take a little trip every few weeks to nearby small towns within about 150 miles of Clarksville Tennessee and seem to have run out of places to go. Anyone know of any great little out of the way places that might be of interest to us? Northern Middle Tennessee or Southeastern Kentucky.

Thanks,
I am not sure about Middle Tennessee, but if you do not mind a 4 and a half hour trip to Kingsport, TN in East Tennessee, there are tons of those stores in the downtown district.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:37 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
There's kind of an antiques/junk shop row in Nashville near Wedgewood Avenue. It's been a few years since I've been over there, but there used to be quite a number of those kinds of businesses there. There is also the flea market held once a month at the state fairgrounds.

Hohenwald use to have a reputation for "junk shops" and that sort of thing. That would be within your 150 range.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:06 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,743,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttermilk View Post

Thanks,
Buttermilk, there are several antique stores on Main St/Dickerson Road in Goodlettsville.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:10 PM

187 posts, read 623,474 times
Franklin TN is antique shopping heaven!!

Old 07-12-2009, 04:38 PM

5 posts, read 23,855 times
There is Dunn's Antiques and also Dunn's Flea Market in Reynolds, GA.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:28 PM

21 posts, read 102,192 times
Fayetteville, TN. Go there to shop at Sirs's a giant fabric store, eat of slaw burger, and go to antique and junk stores. Frankly, besides one Wal-Mart, that's about all they have is antique stores. While you are there go east over to Lynchburg and tour Jack Daniels Distillery. Lynchburg has lots of antiques and junk shops, too.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:22 PM

13 posts, read 48,257 times
Hohenwald, TN has tons of yard sales quite often and was at one time known as the junk store capital of the world (I think we only have three junk stores now.). Also, at the first of October there is a nearly week long Oktober fest which they block off the streets in downtown and have like a little festival with different merchants, singing, and German food. But on the east side of the county during this time, on Summertown Highway, there is a HUGE traffic jam that last for a couple miles because of the YARD SALES ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD THAT STRECH ON AND ON NEARLY TO THE COUNTY LINE. You should check it out.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:14 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times
I found a place in Crossplains that I really like. I couldn't give you directions to it, since every time I've gone I was with my parents on little day-trips and my dad was driving so I wasn't paying attention. There are also a few here in Murfreesboro, though it seems some may be a tad pricey. However, just Saturday I got a big folder of pristine 78rpm records for a mere $20. They sound great on my phonograph! I also found a great old pocket watch at one of them a few months back. Probably overpaid for it a little, but I really like it so I don't care:

Old 08-08-2009, 11:23 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,905,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbyknashville View Post
Franklin TN is antique shopping heaven!!
Yeah but what about the prices?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville