Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2009, 07:47 PM

7 posts, read 40,825 times

Advertisements

I have an 18 month old baby girl. I am looking for fun things to do with her, inside since it is wintertime. Can anyone tell me some good places that is child friendly? Were she can get down and run around and play?

Thank you
Angie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 09:06 PM

764 posts, read 2,548,135 times
Where are you located? Lots of malls have soft, indoor play areas and most libraries have great age-appropriate storytime schedules. Of course, you also have Gymboree, My Gym, The Little Gym, etc. When my kids were that age it was so hard to come up with new things for them to do. We did the Gymboree Play and Learn from 6 months to about 3 years old and they absolutely loved it!

Old 01-08-2009, 04:13 AM

sorry I guess I should have said in Nashville or surrounding areas on the weekends.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:35 AM

153 posts, read 525,933 times
Hi, my daughter is about 20 months, and we have some answers but are always looking for more.

1. Nashville Public Library. great story times, plays, crafts, etc. Check their calendar online.
2. Frist Museum. Great kids area, she is a little young now, but still loves it.
3. Adventure Science Center. I haven't actually been there yet, but my wife took her, and same review as 2. Both cost money. If you like them, get a membership.
4. Whole Foods. My daughter loves loves loves pushing the kids sized shopping carts they have there. She takes it very seriously and is a real help. And a full lunch or snack can be had on healthy samples!

I have not gone the gym option yet, but I expect I will shortly.
Cheers,

Old 01-08-2009, 10:36 AM

1,036 posts, read 2,833,872 times
I'm 24 & LOVE the Adventure Science Center. That could be a fun place for both you & the kiddo.

Last edited by Beretta; 01-09-2009 at 04:18 PM..

Old 01-08-2009, 11:41 AM

85 posts, read 418,412 times
Cool Springs Mall: carpeted play area (Free) & carousel ($)
Pottery Barn Kids: free story time on Tues & they're pretty good about letting the kids play with stuff in the store
Whole Foods: the one in Cool Springs has free music time on Wed (check before you go that they're still doing this)
Barnes & Noble and Borders Books: many of them have free story time
Libraries: free story time & usually an area for little kids to play
Discovery center in Murfreesboro: great for preschoolers and younger
Cheekwood: Tuesday for Tots (craft time) free with admission
Jumpzone in Franklin: of all the bouncy places this actually has an area just for the little ones
Monkey Joe's in Madison: I haven't been there but looks cute

Old 01-08-2009, 06:13 PM

I am looking for things around anywhere from Murfreesburo, to Pulaski or anywhere in between. I am in Livingston and we make the trip to Pulaski every other weekend and are looking for anything she can do inside since it has gotten colder. When it was warmer we went to ALOT of parks and played outside. Thanks again
Angie

Old 01-08-2009, 09:34 PM

764 posts, read 2,548,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelb448 View Post
I am looking for things around anywhere from Murfreesburo, to Pulaski or anywhere in between. I am in Livingston and we make the trip to Pulaski every other weekend and are looking for anything she can do inside since it has gotten colder. When it was warmer we went to ALOT of parks and played outside. Thanks again
Angie
In Murfreesboro you'll find story times at the Murfreesboro library, Books a Million and Barnes and Noble. Stones River Mall has a soft indoor play area and the Avenue has a free Camp Avenue for kids the first Saturday of each month. The Discovery Center has a separate, gated area just for small kids and there are several bouncy house type places that are pretty cheap.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:22 PM

1 posts, read 6,084 times
Smile hi

hi, i am new in town and i have a 5 month baby. i would like to get advise on where can i go with her to practize some group activities. thank you!!

Old 03-31-2009, 07:11 PM

85 posts, read 418,412 times
Paolo - You might want to check out places with Mommy & Me classes like Gymboree, My Gym and Little Gym. Also, there might be a local MOMS Club in your area which is a group of stay at home moms that organize activities/playgroups for their children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville