Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 07:49 PM

195 posts, read 525,340 times

Advertisements

Any info? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 11:58 PM

195 posts, read 525,340 times
Here's what I dug up so far. I also included airport area schools and is providing prep to HS :

Prep : Hermitage Hills Baptist Prep School

K-Middle : Hermtage Elem School; Dodson Elem School; McGavock Elem School; Holy Rosary Academy

HS : Dupont HS ; McGavock Comprehensive HS ; Nashville School of Arts

What do you think of this list? Any info you wish to add? Thanks.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:36 AM

1,715 posts, read 6,980,366 times
I thought those kids went to Hunter's Lane HS. Maybe I'm wrong?

I'm sure you can find cluster maps on the MNPS website.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:30 AM

1,036 posts, read 2,834,635 times
Hunters Lane is in Madison near the T of OHB & Dickerson.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:35 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,387 times
Hermitage kids go to gang-infested McGavock for high school, a fate worse than death. It is really too bad, because Hermitage is otherwise a safe, decent, and affordable area for young families.

Hunters Lane is almost as bad, if not as bad as McGavock. As bluesky just posted, that school services the area around Dickerson Rd -- enough said.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:57 AM

427 posts, read 1,307,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Hermitage kids go to gang-infested McGavock for high school, a fate worse than death. It is really too bad, because Hermitage is otherwise a safe, decent, and affordable area for young families.

Hunters Lane is almost as bad, if not as bad as McGavock. As bluesky just posted, that school services the area around Dickerson Rd -- enough said.
To the OP:

There's city-data.com, and then there's pimpy-data.com.

On pimpy-data.com, the comments of those of us who actually live in these areas is of far less value than his, even though he lives in Sumner County.

On pimpy-data.com, there are two areas in and around Nashville: Hendersonville, which is as close to perfection as can possibly exist on earth, and everywhere else, which is racked with illegals, drugs, and crime.

Here's an example:
Dickerson Road, which, in reality, is dicey closer to Nashville, is, on pimpy-data.com, a hellhole from beginning to end.

But Gallatin Road/Nashville Pike, which, in reality, has its rough areas, miraculously transforms when it hits the city limits of Hendersonville.

I live in Madison, not too far from the Dickerson Road/Old Hickory Blvd intersection -- near Cedar Hill Park -- and apparently it's a miracle that I've survived living here since 2001.

If I'd read only pimpy-data.com, I never would have found this safe, affordable, quiet neighborhood which is only minutes from downtown.

There's a pattern on city-data: Those of us who live in the city don't really talk much about other places, probably because we don't live there. But a couple of those who live in the burbs freely disparage our neighborhoods in incredibly inflammatory terms.

It's been going on a long time, and even though it's been made clear how offensive and inaccurate it is, they persist in doing it.

fwiw.

Moderators: I understand if you delete this message. I'm venting because I'm really, REALLY tired of this.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:27 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad fiddler View Post
On pimpy-data.com, there are two areas in and around Nashville: Hendersonville, which is as close to perfection as can possibly exist on earth, and everywhere else, which is racked with illegals, drugs, and crime.
This is the only part of your ridiculous post that is even worth replying to.

According to me, everywhere but Hendersonville is racked with "illegals, drugs, and crime"? Really? Why don't you read my last post before this one, where I sang the praises of Hermitage (which, incidentally, is in Davidson County) with the one exception of it being zoned for a terrible high school.

I have recommended plenty of areas in Davidson County to newcomers. I steer people toward I-40 Exit 219 all the time, because that is a nice, safe, convenient, affordable area. I am constantly encouraging people to check out Bellevue, West Meade, Green Hills, West End, Hermitage, and even East Nashville if they have done their homework first. Just because Madison isn't on that list -- for good reason -- doesn't mean I think the whole county is a cesspool.

Know what you're talking about before you speak.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:48 AM

427 posts, read 1,307,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Know what you're talking about before you speak.
Pot. Kettle.

A quick edit: "Not recommending" is fine. Repeatedly going out of your way to trash Madison is offensive.

I'm out.

Last edited by mad fiddler; 02-21-2009 at 10:58 AM..

Old 02-21-2009, 06:24 PM

369 posts, read 942,416 times
Quote:
There's a pattern on city-data: Those of us who live in the city don't really talk much about other places, probably because we don't live there. But a couple of those who live in the burbs freely disparage our neighborhoods in incredibly inflammatory terms.

It's been going on a long time, and even though it's been made clear how offensive and inaccurate it is, they persist in doing it.
i grew up in madison and moved to hendersonville 1.5 years ago. i think i have the credentials on how bad madison has become compared to nicer areas.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:28 PM

369 posts, read 942,416 times
Quote:
Repeatedly going out of your way to trash Madison is offensive.
oh please. are you THAT thin skinned?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: