Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 06:39 AM

149 posts, read 478,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by naomisday View Post
qwe123safi,

Thanks so much for the descriptions of the areas--I think I am getting a feel for the areas...

I have heard of Belle Meade--I think CeCe Winans lives there? Also an area called West Meade--

Which ever area is considered the safest would be the main thing for me, I would want to be safe
and not to far out......

How is transportation there? Is there any area that is walkable? I realize a car is a must
in the South though...

West Nashville is statistically the safest part of town. Yes, I would say WN is pretty walkable.- Most of it anyway

And yes, you do need a car : ]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 06:44 AM

Quote:
QWE123safi,

I was reading a book about Nashville History way back in the day and it was saying how
the TSU-Meharry-Fisk area prior to the 60's was where the Black Middle Class and Upper Class
lived...I am sure they have spread out from there now....

Anyways, have you been to NC---or the Hampton Roads Area?

For some reason Nashville just sounds like a better choice for me then---Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, or Hampton-Virginia Beach.....
I have been to Charlotte, but I have not been to Hampton's road.

By the way, Aside from a few predominantly black areas, the black population in Nashville is scattered around the whole county.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:25 AM

251 posts, read 1,034,322 times
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwe123safi View Post
West Nashville is statistically the safest part of town. Yes, I would say WN is pretty walkable.- Most of it anyway

And yes, you do need a car : ]
qwe123safi,

Thanks, yes then West Nashville is where I would want to
be---the safest area.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:29 AM

Qwe123safi,

I figured the population is spread around greatly...

How do you think things are for Single People there? I like the fact that the South
is very family oriented, but is it difficult for Single Women there?

I don't know if you have opinions on this, but I would love to hear....how is the quality
of life for Single Women there?

In terms of activities, social opportunities, perception of?

Old 01-17-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Qwe123safi,

I figured the population is spread around greatly...

How do you think things are for Single People there? I like the fact that the South
is very family oriented, but is it difficult for Single Women there?

I don't know if you have opinions on this, but I would love to hear....how is the quality
of life for Single Women there?

In terms of activities, social opportunities, perception of?
Well, the fact that there are numerous universities and colleges in the area make it easier to meet people.

Look back at my post about Sylvan Park. Sylvan Park is the ideal place to meet locals and singles.

Aside from that, their are many shopping fields well dispersed throughout the WN area and the WN suburbs.

And you will see many coffee shops and such in the area as well.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:11 PM

Qwe123safi,

Thanks, sounds good...

Old 01-18-2009, 01:27 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,539 times
I would never discourage a single woman from moving to Nashville. Come on down, you'll love it here!

Old 01-18-2009, 03:58 PM

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
I would never discourage a single woman from moving to Nashville. Come on down, you'll love it here!
Thanks so much, I am glad to hear its a city where Singles and Families
can live and thrive....

Old 01-18-2009, 08:52 PM

940 posts, read 1,901,746 times
Quote:
qwe123safi,

Thanks so much for the descriptions of the areas--I think I am getting a feel for the areas...

I have heard of Belle Meade--I think CeCe Winans lives there? Also an area called West Meade--

Which ever area is considered the safest would be the main thing for me, I would want to be safe
and not to far out......

How is transportation there? Is there any area that is walkable? I realize a car is a must
in the South though...

I grew up in West Meade which is usually not thought of as West Nashville, as it is more southwest. West Nashville is considered as Charlotte Rd. area, but West Meade abuts that area. I think West Nashville has a higher crime rate than West Meade, which is pretty suburban looking but is part of the city. Its terrain (hilly) in my mind is as beautiful as anything in the city, especially our particular neighborhood (Robin Hill and Jocelyn Hollow) and I still occasionally will have a dream that I'm living there. Our house cost $20,000 in 1955 and I saw last year a Zillow estimate of 468,000 for it.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:43 PM

9,678 posts, read 9,375,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwe123safi View Post
Well, the fact that there are numerous universities and colleges in the area make it easier to meet people.

Look back at my post about Sylvan Park. Sylvan Park is the ideal place to meet locals and singles.

Aside from that, their are many shopping fields well dispersed throughout the WN area and the WN suburbs.

And you will see many coffee shops and such in the area as well.
It is a growing area. The crime is going down as the area gentrifies. One of my friends had her house built in the neighborhood for around $750,000 a couple of years ago. Today it appraised for $885,000. She has two children, and her daughter is able to make new friends from where they used to live closer to west end. They have a decent sized yard, and because the builders preserved most of the trees around, they have plenty of shade during the spring and summer months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville