Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 02:29 PM

28 posts, read 85,839 times

Advertisements

Anyone from whole foods or wild oats out there can tell me about the comapny culture and why these companies are a great place to work? I found that there are only one of each store in the nashville area and one in Memephis. I'm looking to head to Nashville or Knoxville in the fall and want to stop into a few places to apply and possibly interview. I have a culinary degree and a grocery store background. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 03:03 PM

933 posts, read 2,741,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef for Life View Post
Anyone from whole foods or wild oats out there can tell me about the comapny culture and why these companies are a great place to work? I found that there are only one of each store in the nashville area and one in Memephis. I'm looking to head to Nashville or Knoxville in the fall and want to stop into a few places to apply and possibly interview. I have a culinary degree and a grocery store background. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Not sure about the culture, but Whole foods bought the local Wild Oats and now there is only a Whole Foods. A Trader Joes outlet is going in where the old Wild Oats building was located.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:47 PM

140 posts, read 618,900 times
I'm in MA, not TN, but the few people I've known who worked for Whole Foods HATED it, and had lots of horror stories of very poor employee treatment and other very questionable policies and practices. They made it sound as if company policies at Whole Foods rivaled those at Wal-Mart to make it a place you would definitely NOT want to work, at least not if you had other options available.

I love shopping at Whole Foods, so this was distressing to hear.

Old 07-07-2008, 05:49 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,740,081 times
JobVent - Whole Foods Market - Company Reviews (http://tinyurl.com/62bqg5 - broken link)

Old 07-07-2008, 06:28 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,959,417 times
Quote:
Chef,

Try Publix. They have stores in Nashville and more are being built in surrounding cities. 4 more are slated to open within the next year.
If you are a fulltime associate you get full bennies. Health, Long and short term disability, dental, cancer and life. Profit sharing bonus's every quarter, two weeks pay christmas bonus and paid vacation. Free stock, 401k with match.
They are always looking for skilled labor. It's hard to find. If you need contact info you can DM me.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:29 AM

Default Whole Foods

DM-
Thank you for your help and quick response. I am traveling down to Nashville and Knoxville soon to see what is available. The Publix website seems to be for hourly employees. I am currently a salaried manager and looking to maintain or move up with th move to TN.

They are a large company and should have lots to offer. Which area(s) have the better stores to walk into and talk to some folks?

We have one whole foods in our area with another to be built in a year or so. I do not know of anyone that works there and since they are a direct competitor I do not want to frequent the place. Our people are always in there looking at stuff.

Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim918 View Post
Chef,

Try Publix. They have stores in Nashville and more are being built in surrounding cities. 4 more are slated to open within the next year.
If you are a fulltime associate you get full bennies. Health, Long and short term disability, dental, cancer and life. Profit sharing bonus's every quarter, two weeks pay christmas bonus and paid vacation. Free stock, 401k with match.
They are always looking for skilled labor. It's hard to find. If you need contact info you can DM me.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:00 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,959,417 times
Quote:
DM-
Thank you for your help and quick response. I am traveling down to Nashville and Knoxville soon to see what is available. The Publix website seems to be for hourly employees. I am currently a salaried manager and looking to maintain or move up with th move to TN.

They are a large company and should have lots to offer. Which area(s) have the better stores to walk into and talk to some folks?

We have one whole foods in our area with another to be built in a year or so. I do not know of anyone that works there and since they are a direct competitor I do not want to frequent the place. Our people are always in there looking at stuff.

Randy
Randy,
All of the stores are in the suburbs of Nashville and Nashville itself. There is one in Chattanooga. None in Konoxville as of yet. If you are a manager, you will need to speak with the District Manager as far as open positions. Check your direct message. I am going to send you the info on who to contact.

Kim

Old 07-08-2008, 02:11 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,364,959 times
I've been told Harris Teeter is a good place to work. It's an upscale grocery store.

Here is a Job opportunity

Harris Teeter

Diane G

Old 07-08-2008, 06:25 PM

Artemis-
What horror stories coming out of Whole Foods! I cannot thank you enough for the link. Saves me time and anguish had I joined the ranks.....

Old 07-10-2008, 02:55 PM

21 posts, read 61,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim918 View Post
Any idea where? I've been fantasizing about having one near that new Wal Mart shopping center going up at Dickerson Road and Briley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville