Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 06:42 PM

150 posts, read 441,721 times

Advertisements

I haven't explored much of Nashville (other than the parks) since I moved last June. I am still umemployed and I didn't want to be tempted to spend a lot of money. Today, I decided to go to the Farmers Market and had a great time! Thought I couldn't get in much trouble there but boy was I wrong! I was thinking of trying the Franklin Farmers Market next weekend. Which is better? Or, are they just different? Also, Is there parking other than in the front of the Nashville market? And, is there convenient parking at the Franklin Market (I have never been in that area of Franklin before)? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 08:38 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,337,947 times
Franklin's is nice...right now though it is MUCH smaller than it will be closer to summer. We go every weekend for eggs/milk etc. It's small, but sweet.

Old 04-26-2009, 10:29 AM

Tunky, when I looked it up online, it said that the Franklin Market was only open from May - Sept. and only on Saturday's from 8am to 12pm???

Old 04-26-2009, 11:53 AM

Nope..they are there all year long. Obviously during the winter it's about 5 booths, eggs, meat, dairy and soapmakers.

Oh...and I know it says 12pm online but it's really 1pm.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:25 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,220,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eescapes View Post
I haven't explored much of Nashville (other than the parks) since I moved last June. I am still umemployed and I didn't want to be tempted to spend a lot of money. Today, I decided to go to the Farmers Market and had a great time! Thought I couldn't get in much trouble there but boy was I wrong! I was thinking of trying the Franklin Farmers Market next weekend. Which is better? Or, are they just different? Also, Is there parking other than in the front of the Nashville market? And, is there convenient parking at the Franklin Market (I have never been in that area of Franklin before)? Thanks!
You can park along the street in back of the Nashville Farmers Market on 7th Avenue, but the best parking is in front of the market.

If you didn't get a chance to when you went this time, be sure to visit the Bicentennial Mall the next time you go.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:14 AM

187 posts, read 623,687 times
where is the Franklin Farmer's Market?

I also love the Howell's veggie tents which are open during the spring and summer at Hillsboro High School and also at Hillsboro Road and Sharondale. They are a local farmer who has a place at the Farmer's market too but she has some of the most beautiful flowers and love her jams, veggies, fruits and homemade breads. The girls are all family so if you need to know how to cook something...they are happy to tell you.

Old 04-28-2009, 03:32 PM

Franklin's Farmers' Market is at The Factory.

Old 04-28-2009, 03:38 PM

Maybe some of you will be able to point us in the right direction.

My husband is from Ohio and in the fall they have a great tradition of making apple butter. Sometimes it's a community event, usually a family/friends thing. We carried that tradition on in Wisconsin and all of our friends looked forward to our "Apple Butter Party" (heavy on the "party" part) every fall.

We thought it might be a fun thing to do at a farmers' market or maybe even at a Halloween themed something-or-other like a pumpkin patch. It does, however, involve cooking it in our 35 gallon copper kettle over an open wood fire; so you probably can't light that up just anywhere. We used to host peeling apples/eating/drinking/card playing on Friday night and then Saturday we had the cooking/stirring/pouring in jars party followed by more eating/drinking/card playing. It was a lot of fun...and REAL apple butter (not that dark brown stuff they sell in the stores) is delish.

Any ideas of a place/event where we could introduce this activity?

Old 04-28-2009, 05:51 PM

Thanks! Is the Bicentennial Mall right behind the market?

Tunky, would it be worth my while to drive over to the Franklin market this coming Saturday? The website says "May -Sept" so I was thinking there would be a good many vendors there. It seems from looking at their site, it's different from the Nashville market?

Old 04-28-2009, 06:14 PM

if you are looking for produce, IMO, probably not....it's still pretty small. In the summer and fall tho, it's great for that. Like I said, right now it's flowers, dairy, meat, eggs and crafty stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville