Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 04:07 AM

66 posts, read 303,221 times

Advertisements

I'm entertaining some out-of-town guests who will be staying at Opryland Hotel and I'm looking for some recommendations for restaurants at the hotel. I would also like to know the price ranges at these restaurants.

I might also take my guests out to eat outside Opryland Hotel. So, if you know of restaurants you would recommend in the Opryland/Donelson area, I'd appreciate your letting me know about them as well. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 04:21 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,206,471 times
Maybe the Old Hickory Steakhouse. It's good but a little on pricey side; an entree and drinks would run $40-$60 or more per person.

There's also a seafood and Italian restaurant in the hotel; I've never eaten at either so I can't give you a recommendation. They would be less expensive than the Old Hickory.

There are some places over in the Opry Mills Mall and other restaurants all around. Maybe someone else knows more about those than I do.

Last edited by alleycat; 05-05-2009 at 05:24 AM..

Old 05-05-2009, 05:06 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,335,716 times
We've eaten at Old Hickory and the Irish pub (can't remember its name). The service at the Irish place was not good but the food was fine. Old Hickory, however was a wonderful experience...everything tasted great and the service was wonderful. We really enjoyed it.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:54 AM

933 posts, read 2,741,428 times
I wouldn't take them to a restaurant in Shopryland. I would think out of town guests would prefer a unique to Nashville experience and not a chain restaraunt. I haven't ate at any of the Opryland restaurants but I can recommend one nearby. Ellendales is excellent, nearby, and it's located in an old historic house. I believe they have live jazz most evenings.

ELLENDALE'S RESTAURANT Casual Dining At Its Finest

Old 05-05-2009, 11:06 AM

957 posts, read 3,698,944 times
If you don't want to travel far, the Aquarium Restaurant in the mall is always fun for visitors. When we have visitors we always try to do something that they couldn't do at home. Something unique to Nashville. The Aquarium and dinner or lunch on the General Jackson are always good.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:14 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,842,398 times
Talk to the concierge desk...they are experts in Nashville's restaurant scene. They can usually make reservations and have menus for review.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yank283 View Post
I wouldn't take them to a restaurant in Shopryland. I would think out of town guests would prefer a unique to Nashville experience and not a chain restaraunt. I haven't ate at any of the Opryland restaurants but I can recommend one nearby. Ellendales is excellent, nearby, and it's located in an old historic house. I believe they have live jazz most evenings.

ELLENDALE'S RESTAURANT Casual Dining At Its Finest
Interesting menu...will have to try that one!

Is Old Hickory Steakhouse a chain? I've never seen another one besides at Opryland.

Of course locals know some best kept secrets...but that's not to say that the tourist-oriented places aren't of value.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:13 PM

933 posts, read 2,741,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post

Is Old Hickory Steakhouse a chain? I've never seen another one besides at Opryland.

Of course locals know some best kept secrets...but that's not to say that the tourist-oriented places aren't of value.
I don't think that is. I mean't the places in the mall. Our little monicker for Opry Mills is Shopryland. Just a little ribbing for those of us that miss Opryland. Yeah, chains have their value. There's a reason they have a successful business model and are able to expand to so many locations. But, I just think the fact that the steak I get at TGI Fridays in Opry Mills would be the exact one that I would get at the TGI Fridays in Cincinnati, Dallas, or Atlanta dimishes any special experience/bond I might have visiting a new city. There's something to say about predictable, consistently good food and service but it's also nice to explore a little bit with locally owned restaurants and stores. At least mix it up a little. You might find a little something unique that you can share or recommend to your friends when they are in Nashville.

Last edited by yank283; 05-05-2009 at 06:24 PM..

Old 05-05-2009, 07:17 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,624,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post

The Old Hickory Steakhouse is not a chain. None of the Opryland restaurants are.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:47 PM

Thanks Steve. Confusion abounds!

FWIW yank, I agree with you about chain restaurants...I thought you were referring to Opryland restaurants, not Opry Mills restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville