Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 10:16 AM

933 posts, read 2,745,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
I have no problem with anyone wanting to point out the good things about their neighborhood, especially if others are on here trashing it.

However, the difference between you and me is that if you go back and read all of my posts, you will see that I have recommended many different parts of Nashville -- in and out of Davidson County -- to newcomers, depending on their individual situations. I recommended the Lockland Springs area of East Nashville to someone just the other day. You, on the other hand, rarely if ever have anything nice to say about any neighborhood in the Nashville area other than your own. When was the last time you said something positive about Hendersonville, Franklin, or Mount Juliet?

For the record, I don't know anyone personally in Sumner County who spends more than 50% of their income on their mortgage. Everyone I know in Williamson County is more fiscally responsible than that as well. Making sweeping generalizations like than in an acerbic tone makes you no better than the people on here who obviously offend you greatly with their negative talk about East Nashville.
I have rated many of your posts positively and increased your reputation. We just see things differently and that's alright. And really, I mean no offense to anyone on here (I kid about Sumner county because, let's be honest Pimpy, I learned that from you) I'm just giving an alternative view. If you don't like it don't read it, or make fun of me or both. You would never recommend where I live (South Inglewood) to anyone but you know what? I love it here. And I'm not fresh off the boat here, I have lived in the Nashville area for over 10 years including Antioch, Bellevue, Hermitage and Sylvan Park. I would recommend Hendersonville or Mt. Juliet to someone who wants to live near the lake or buy 5 to 10 acres to raise horses, but I'm not going to recommend them because they "have" to live there because they have kids or going to have kids. I'm also not going to recommend someone buy a 3,000 sq ft house on a quarter of an acre in a subdivision 40 miles outside of Nashville on what was once farmland. If they want to, that's fine, it just ain't my thing and I'm not going to endorse it. As far a Franklin, if you peel away that developer spawned shell of a mess that is Cool Springs, there's a great little town hidden in there somewhere.

Last edited by yank283; 08-10-2009 at 10:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 02:47 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,038,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yank283 View Post
I have rated many of your posts positively and increased your reputation. We just see things differently and that's alright. And really, I mean no offense to anyone on here (I kid about Sumner county because, let's be honest Pimpy, I learned that from you) I'm just giving an alternative view. If you don't like it don't read it, or make fun of me or both. You would never recommend where I live (South Inglewood) to anyone but you know what? I love it here. And I'm not fresh off the boat here, I have lived in the Nashville area for over 10 years including Antioch, Bellevue, Hermitage and Sylvan Park. I would recommend Hendersonville or Mt. Juliet to someone who wants to live near the lake or buy 5 to 10 acres to raise horses, but I'm not going to recommend them because they "have" to live there because they have kids or going to have kids. I'm also not going to recommend someone buy a 3,000 sq ft house on a quarter of an acre in a subdivision 40 miles outside of Nashville on what was once farmland. If they want to, that's fine, it just ain't my thing and I'm not going to endorse it. As far a Franklin, if you peel away that developer spawned shell of a mess that is Cool Springs, there's a great little town hidden in there somewhere.
I think both of us probably have inflated perceptions regarding the things we don't like about each other's neighborhoods. For example, my house in Sumner County is nowhere near 3,000 sq ft and it is nowhere near 40 miles from Nashville. Likewise, where you live I'm sure is much more pleasant than what I see of Inglewood when I drive through on Gallatin Road. Both areas, like most in the Nashville area, have their pros and cons.

Except Antioch. There is just no reason to live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville