Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2009, 03:05 PM

107 posts, read 303,169 times

Advertisements

This is the second October visit while my daughter is in Nashville attending school and the weather did not disappoint me - great as last year cool and crisp. So much better than the June heat.

My regular places were as good as always: Marche Artisan Foods a great trout dinner; Sweet 16th Bakery for my morning coffee cake; Bongo, Fido and Ugly Mugs for my latte; and Jim 'N Nicks BBQ (pulled chicken plate).

New for this visit -
-Had a great time at the HoneySuckle Hill Farm going through a 5 Acre Corn Maze (took us 35 minutes during the day but bet it will be great on Halloween night). They had other fun events for the family as well. 10/31/09 is the last day, but they are open until 10pm on Halloween.
-The Parthenon - next time I will go with one of my daughters or husband.
-Sandwich at the Germantown Cafe and the fresh fruit was very tasty. To top it off I went next door to the Cocoa Tree for a dark chocolate truffle. - Will repeat next trip.
-First time going to Provence and enjoyed the pulled chicken sandwich and the pasta salad. - Another keeper.
-We got the dinners at Zumi Sushi - based on what my daughter said- I will try the sushi next time because I was not impressed with the entrees.
-The Blacklion located in the Opry Mills mall is a must for folks who enjoy shopping - I saw something in the window and went in to find rows of gift items.
-I went to the Symphony Cafe one morning for a latte and got a tour of the Hall - it was beautiful and now I am trying to plan a visit during a Jazz event. If you want a quiet place to go between 9am-2pm M-F I highly recommend this cafe. Very peaceful and they are Wi-Fi;and finally
-You can find very good cheese cake at Whole Foods made by Lucy - if you have a sweet tooth.

I noticed that they are getting ready to build another building next to Bongo's and I believe the first floor will be for businesses. So more to explore when they open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 04:15 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,636,361 times
Wow, thanks for the Symphony Cafe tip. I didn't know about that.

Glad you had a good time.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:04 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,282,099 times
Cocoa Tree for chocolate truffles! I must find this place!

Old 10-28-2009, 07:43 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,636,361 times
They used to be in Franklin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville