Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 11:53 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,547,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momule View Post
Where in the Nashville area is the best scenery without being on a lake. Looking for hills, vistas, trees, and where they also are building houses.
Old Hillsboro Road area is beautiful (IMHO)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 11:13 AM

940 posts, read 1,902,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momule View Post
Where in the Nashville area is the best scenery without being on a lake. Looking for hills, vistas, trees, and where they also are building houses.
I remember decades ago driving along Franklin Rd. around Brentwood and turning west on a road that goes up into the hills and meanders along hilltops with views into the wooded hollows below. Then I discussed it recently with an MBA staffer who lives in that beautiful area when he was here for an alumni function. Later I read about this unique road in the Tennessean awhile back, apparently there is now a big box store there (Lowe's?) at the intersection with Franklin Rd. Anyone know the name of this road? I couldn't figure it out using Google Earth.

I drove around a little on a trip there a few years ago and saw some impressive roads/neigborhoods with views, including views overlooking Brentwood, but I had no luck in identifying the one in question. I may email the guy at MBA.

I can suggest to the poster to explore the neighborhoods to the east of Hillsboro Rd, just south of the Harding Place intersection, accessible from Hillsboro Rd. These streets meander up into the hills there. In fact, any areas off Hillsboro Rd further south are stunningly beautiful.

There are also beautiful hilly areas of West Meade, where I grew up. I'm going to direct you through a great drive: go out hwy 70 S past the 70-100 split. Turn right on Vaughn's Gap Rd, then rt on Robin Hill Rd. until you get to Currywood Dr. and turn left there. You will see my beloved childhood home, second on the left. Go to the top of the hill to Jocelyn Hollow Circle and go left. At the bottom of the hill turn right and you are on Jocelyn Hollow Rd. and you will have plenty of beautiful neighborhoods in the hills and hollows radiating off of this road which eventually dead ends back in the hills.

When I was a kid of 10, friends of mine, twins, moved to Dallas, this when the Nashville metro was less than half million in population, and Dallas more than a million. They called back and bragged about Dallas, how it was so "modern" and "better". Now Dallas may have a smoking economy, and beaucou lakes, but Nashville with the beautiful terrain starts lookin' pretty good compared to the top 2 Texas metros.

Long post but we're talkin great childhood memories of the place.

Last edited by groovamos; 11-09-2009 at 11:15 AM.. Reason: capitalization

Old 11-09-2009, 09:31 PM

210 posts, read 588,018 times
Just FYL, there is very little new construction in the brentwood area that would fit your criteria...most have LARGE lots and are normally 5000 sq/ft or bigger. Brentwood has kind of expanded to its edges...one reason why house prices here have not felt a hit as hard as some other places...lol we have run out of room. There are some great older areas with 1/2 acre lots, good sturdy ranch homes One thing about a large portion of the Brentwood area with the lots sizes is once upon a time ever home had to at least had to have one acre...with a few exceptions..like golf courses. So finding a small lot with new construction is going to be...well hard. Consider something a bit older...lots of the 70's and 80's ranches have been updated to show quality status in the past few years. good luck with your search!

Old 11-10-2009, 09:14 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
I have friends who live in that section, and it is a nice subdivision with large, lovely homes. It has many more families than retirees, so if you don't mind kids and teenage drivers, you'll be OK. There are quite a few houses on the market there, with five for sale on her street alone. You should be able to negotiate a good deal, especially since they are still building in that neighborhood. The biggest hassle you will have is that to get to that neighborhood, you have to travel on two-lane Concord Road, which is often congested with traffic from all the subdivisions of East Brentwood. Plus, Concord is scheduled to be widened starting next year, so construction and traffic will be an issue for quite a while.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:03 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
They are widening part of Concord right now- starting at Edmondson and going east. They are doing a good job. I travel through there pretty often and have had few delays. They are also widening Edmondson from Edmondson school to Holt. That has been a much bigger pain and it's right around the corner from Concord. But it doesn't affect East-West traffic on Concord. Just not a good way to go north right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville