Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 08:31 PM

210 posts, read 587,720 times

Advertisements

While the Antioch area is not that great...including the area where OG is...there is an upside..people love the OG! lol....
And as you have noticed there are not many around...so its not just the Antioch community the dines there...it gets people from all over south nashville. By the way...there are a TON of resturants in the Cool Springs...its a much nicer area and still a very reasonably short commute from Nippers Corner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 09:34 PM

7 posts, read 28,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraider08 View Post
my friend used to work at that Olive Garden..he worked 2 nights a week and usually made around 200 a night
blueraider -- thanks for the reply. how long ago did your friend work there? it seems like i'm reading on this forum that antioch has gotten worse as of late apparently.

if i could still make around 200 a nite there then that would do the trick!

Old 12-17-2009, 10:19 PM

12 posts, read 23,397 times
Less than 2 months ago...the Olive Garden is pretty much in the middle of Brentwood and Antioch (or Brentioch)..i'm not sure if there is one in the Cool Springs, but I know alot of people who go there...because its the "Olive Garden" you won't really see the scruffy types...as a matter of fact everytime i've gone there the atmosphere has been nice and mixed. I will say it tends to get packed on the weekends and honestly i haven't really seen it be empty or dead.

Ps i currently live in the Antioch and don't believe the hype...alot of the people who have negative things to say don't live here...its a city...just like any other city there are good parts and bad parts..but its not as bad as people make it out to be...basically if you are coming from up north you'll probably laugh at "crime" in Tennessee

Old 12-17-2009, 10:29 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,623,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraider08 View Post
Less than 2 months ago...the Olive Garden is pretty much in the middle of Brentwood and Antioch (or Brentioch)..i'm not sure if there is one in the Cool Springs, but I know alot of people who go there...because its the "Olive Garden" you won't really see the scruffy types...as a matter of fact everytime i've gone there the atmosphere has been nice and mixed. I will say it tends to get packed on the weekends and honestly i haven't really seen it be empty or dead.

Ps i currently live in the Antioch and don't believe the hype...alot of the people who have negative things to say don't live here...its a city...just like any other city there are good parts and bad parts..but its not as bad as people make it out to be...basically if you are coming from up north you'll probably laugh at "crime" in Tennessee

The Olive Garden on Bell Road is in the heart of Antioch, NOT Brentioch. Who ya trying to kid??? I wouldn't feel unsafe going to eat there, but I'm sure as heck happy I don't live in that area anymore. It's HORRIBLE! And I'm from "up north".

Old 12-17-2009, 10:45 PM

7 posts, read 28,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
The Olive Garden on Bell Road is in the heart of Antioch, NOT Brentioch. Who ya trying to kid??? I wouldn't feel unsafe going to eat there, but I'm sure as heck happy I don't live in that area anymore. It's HORRIBLE! And I'm from "up north".
Steve -- You ever go out to the Olive Garden in Murfreesboro? I'm getting the impression that the Antioch OG should work out fine, but if not, the one in Murfreesboro will be my 2nd choice. Do you know if that location is usually pretty busy??

Old 12-18-2009, 09:12 AM

443 posts, read 1,792,538 times
I remember when that part of town was so nice. Now everyone i meet call it the ghetto. I don't think it's quite that bad but it has gone down hill.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:35 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,623,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headed Back South View Post
Steve -- You ever go out to the Olive Garden in Murfreesboro? I'm getting the impression that the Antioch OG should work out fine, but if not, the one in Murfreesboro will be my 2nd choice. Do you know if that location is usually pretty busy??
For some odd reason, I have not been to the Murfreesboro OG. Strange. I haven't heard anything positive or negative about it. I think it's just as busy though since it is located in the parking lot of the mall.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:56 AM

933 posts, read 2,741,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor_McCheese View Post
I remember when that part of town was so nice. Now everyone i meet call it the ghetto. I don't think it's quite that bad but it has gone down hill.
Yeah, It's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be but it definitly seems headed in the wrong direction. I usually use 5 indicators of how desirable a place to live is -

1. Quality of Schools,
2. Walkability
3. Amount of Crime (and if it's getting better or worse)
4. Character (visually appealing, presence of independent, non-chain restaraunts ie: can I go out somewhere unique as opposed to somewhere where I can get the same exact experience in Oklahoma City, Atlanta etc...don't get me wrong chain restaraunts have their place they are usually better managed, and quality of food is usually the same (not any better, not any worse) but I like to have a choice. unhomogeneous, diverse population. I like my friends that are white and UT fans but I don't want everyone I know or interact with to have the same interests and similar backgrounds (and I'm a UT fan).
5. Proximity to parks/outdoor activities

Really not trying to be some kind of elitist, but, to me, these are good indicators of how good a place is to live.

Antioch kind of misses everyone of these (although it is probably the most diverse area). There are some great restaraunts on Nolensville Road, but most of those are in the Woodbine/South Nashville area not Antioch. Hopefully they can get it turned around down there because there are some great folks that live there.

Last edited by yank283; 12-18-2009 at 12:16 PM..

Old 12-18-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headed Back South View Post
I've been to the m'boro OG..i lived there for 5 years...basically if you work at any restaurant in M'boro you will make money..i don't think people in Murfreesboro cook at home at all ... honestly..it was always a running joke because restaurants would be just as packed on like a Tuesday night as it is on Fri/Sat...

the m'boro location will have a mix of college and older families that go there..its fairly new ( built in the last 2 years) and its nice. The city of M'boro is safe so you won't feel like you have to clutch your purse as you may have to do in "big bad Antioch"

Old 12-18-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post

ok i guess its a matter of opinion because to me the heart of Antioch is Hickory Hollow mall...once you cross over the interstate entrance/exits thats when it starts gettin "brentioch" to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville