Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2009, 09:34 PM

8 posts, read 21,341 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to Mt. Juliet soon and have been searching for a home. We have checked out the TN education site and also greatschools.com, but wondered if any here had any opinion on Mt. Juliet High School vs. Wilson Central High School? Also, West Wilson Middle School vs. Mount Juliet Middle School?

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 08:34 AM

160 posts, read 502,881 times
I live in MJ and my kids are zoned for MJ middle and high, but the oldest is only in 5th right now so this is all second hand.

Both MJ/MJ and WW/WC are pretty similar facility(the new MJHS just opened a year ago and WCHS is only slightly older) and teacher wise. They're some of the best public schools outside of the magnets and north Williamson County in Middle TN. The biggest difference is the setting. MJ/MJ are both located in the heart of Mount Juliet (not Providence, but Mt. Juliet) while WW is located in Mt Juliet, Wilson Central High is out there! It's a trip down the interstate or a few winding country roads if you live in the Mt. Juliet/Providence area. Some like that, some don't. Personally, having schools geographically closer was important for us so we ended up buying in the MJ school area.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:13 PM

593 posts, read 1,355,945 times
Same as tabbva, my kids aren't old enough yet, but in scores/reputation/facilities there's not much in the way of meaningful differences. Just the geography issue of Wilson Central's location, but depending on where you are in town, that may or may not be a problem.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:33 PM

8 posts, read 14,724 times
We also are looking to move to Mount Juliet and would like to see if anyone has any more recent experiences they can share. We also are debating between finding a home in the Wilson Central HS district versus the Mt Juliet HS district. Everything I've seen so far has us leaning towards Mt Juliet, but would love to hear some more recent opinions.

Thanks!

Old 07-13-2015, 06:49 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,084,344 times
I graduated from MJHS over a decade ago (WCHS opened after my sophomore year), and I have no kids so I'm not well-versed in which one may or may not be "better", but I've heard that MJ ranks slightly higher than WC. Also, as was mentioned before, Wilson Central is out in the middle of nowhere and is a hassle to get to unless you're already out there.

It's just one site, but greatschools.org rates MJHS 9 out of 10 and WCHS 8 out of 10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: