Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2007, 04:37 PM
rrs rrs started this thread

1 posts, read 3,072 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Am a first time home buyer and am wondering if anyone has an opinion on using an exclusive buyers agent. I have come across two agencies that only cater to buyers and do not carry any listings. IS tis a good path to use since i need a lot of hand holding the first time.

thnks...ur opinion is highly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 05:45 PM

225 posts, read 1,144,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrs View Post
Hi,

Am a first time home buyer and am wondering if anyone has an opinion on using an exclusive buyers agent. I have come across two agencies that only cater to buyers and do not carry any listings. IS tis a good path to use since i need a lot of hand holding the first time.

I think the most important factor is making sure you are working with a qualified Realtor that you also connect with. There are great agents, and not so great agents, in all companies. I don't see any benefit in working with a company that doesn't carry listings, but if you've found a great agent who works for this type of agency then I would certainly go forward and use them. Your level of customer service, or hand holding, should not be any different at an exclusive buyers agency. However, as an agent who works both sides, I do see the benefit of occasionally getting the scoop on new listings, or pocket listings, that my buyers may be interested in before they ever go on the market. I also find my experience in working both sides invaluable when it comes to writing contracts. If you have worked both sides it is easier to try to anticipate the reaction or response of the seller by seeing the offer through the eyes of a seller.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:01 PM

42 posts, read 163,504 times
Default new buyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrs View Post
Hi,

One good thing about using an Exclusive buyers rep, is that you won't have a problem with dual Agent. meaning an agent representing both the buyer and seller.

If your buyer agent checks out there mls listings.....trust me they will know exactly what is out there. Some agents like to work only with buyers. And if you need hand holding.....well then your agent will make sure they have your best interested because they are only representing you the buyer....not both sides of the deal.

I personally love working with buyers, they are excited when viewing there possible dream home. Sometimes the seller gets frustrated and it becomes the agents fault !!!!!

Good luck !!!

Old 05-31-2007, 03:59 AM

225 posts, read 1,144,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda.hall View Post
One good thing about using an Exclusive buyers rep, is that you won't have a problem with dual Agent. meaning an agent representing both the buyer and seller.

If your buyer agent checks out there mls listings.....trust me they will know exactly what is out there. Some agents like to work only with buyers. And if you need hand holding.....well then your agent will make sure they have your best interested because they are only representing you the buyer....not both sides of the deal.

I personally love working with buyers, they are excited when viewing there possible dream home. Sometimes the seller gets frustrated and it becomes the agents fault !!!!!

Good luck !!!

I don't believe he is actually asking about an exclusive buyers rep, which is just an agreement that agents ask customers to sign before working for them as a buyer's agent. I think he is asking about exclusive buyers agencies which is where the company they work for ONLY represents buyers and the agency does not carry listings. We have a few here in Middle TN. If you work for Crye-Leike then your company does carry listings and you would not fall into this category.

You can work for an agency that carries listings, represent buyers and sellers, and still not be a dual agent. I can be an exclusive buyers representative for my buyers while holding listings in which I am the exclusive representative for my sellers. I do not become a "dual" agent in any of my transactions because I do not default to this position and tell my sellers this up front when I take their listing. If a buyer were to call off of my sign they would be advised that I represent the seller and they would proceed with no representation, or they could secure the services of another buyer's agent. It just works out best for everyone involved if there is no dual agency in a transaction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville