Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:34 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,469,795 times

Advertisements

There are pictures right now on the Tennessean's homepage: Kroger Marketplace in Gallatin | tennessean.com | Nashville Sumner County Galleries | The Tennessean

I converted to Publixianity a few years back and haven't looked back. The new Kroger looks interesting, but not enough for me to forsake Publix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 08:59 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,842,595 times
I went today. It's really cool. The produce, bakery, and meat/seafood selection was amazing. The home goods portion of the store is also very nice. Nothing like Wal-Mart...More like World-Market. I was able to find several things that I usually drive to Whole Foods to purchase.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:28 PM

50 posts, read 148,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
I converted to Publixianity a few years back and haven't looked back. The new Kroger looks interesting, but not enough for me to forsake Publix.
Amen, brother lol One of the first things I asked my BF when we were discussing me moving to TN was "Do y'all have Publixes in the area?" lol

I'll give up my job, my home, my state, my time zone, but I'll be damned if I'll give up Publix

Old 03-12-2010, 03:02 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,469,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roohound View Post
Amen, brother lol One of the first things I asked my BF when we were discussing me moving to TN was "Do y'all have Publixes in the area?" lol

I'll give up my job, my home, my state, my time zone, but I'll be damned if I'll give up Publix

Even though Publix is a relative newcomer to the area, they've blown away the competition in my mind. I'd drive past 2 Krogers to get to my Publix. It may be a little more expensive, but the service is impeccable.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:06 PM

50 posts, read 148,184 times
WRT service - a number of my students work at Publix and they love it. They are treated really well and, IMHO, it shows. I will definitely pay a bit more if the service and great and the store is spotless. I've yet to come across a grungy Publix.

I hope you don't mind, but I plan on using your Publixianity phraseology *happy sigh* Publix and Trader Joes - Nashville, I am *so* ready to move already!!!

Old 03-12-2010, 10:03 PM

7 posts, read 26,470 times
Default I was a Publix shopper but now I am a Kroger Marketplace Shopper!

As much as I like Publix, I have to say that since I've been to the new Kroger Marketplace, Publix won't be seeing much of me anymore. Publix, granted is nice and I like the quality of their deli, bakery and meat departments, but I am so impressed with the new Kroger Marketplace and THEIR deli, bakery and butcher shop as well as the rest of the store!
This new Kroger Marketplace is like a Harris Teeter or Publix "on steroids" and just has it all, including an in-store Starbucks, a US Bank store branch, a fine jewelry store, a home store and even gas pumps. Last but not least, I now don't have to drive across Nashville to "Whole Foods" anymore! I love this store!!!

Old 05-02-2010, 07:25 PM

6 posts, read 10,954 times
I agree with gallatinjaguar.....I think it will be a tremedous success.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:46 PM

66 posts, read 303,255 times
I'm a Publix fan, too. But, this new Kroger Marketplace store is as good or better than any Publix I've ever been too. So far, the new Krogers has the best customer service I've ever seen. Everyone is incredibly polite. On several occasions, the baggers have gone so far as to empty my cart onto the conveyor belt before I check out. The store is immaculate and very well-stocked. Who knows if they will keep up this standard in the future, but right now, it's a terrific store.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:10 PM

369 posts, read 942,337 times
i still prefer whole foods for their local products, meat, seafood, and cheese departments. they also have very friendly and helpful staff.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:11 AM

382 posts, read 488,509 times
Lets talk about some of the possibilities for the rest of Savannah Marketplace. There are still many sites left to be developed there. I was just looking at the website. Its really exciting to think of what there could be there in the next few years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville