Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2006, 05:28 PM

66 posts, read 261,049 times

Advertisements

We might move to the Smyrna area. It sounds like that may be too small of a town for our family.Murfreesboro sounds pretty good, but I read conflicting info on the internet about the crime in Murfreesboro. Residents, how is it really? Are there areas to stay away from?Thanks in advance.

Old 08-05-2006, 06:45 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,855,438 times
Crime looks good, but a lot of sex offenders!

Old 08-06-2006, 10:26 AM

37 posts, read 200,833 times
Be sure to look closely at the charges against someone labeled "sex offender". In many cases it means that one or the other in the offense was not yet 18. The courts have really been strict in enforcing this so sometimes all it takes is a very mad daddy.........and a very conservative judge. Some judges are well known for giving harsh sentences to kids that really don't deserve it. Legally, my first time (back in the dark ages of the 70's) would have been considered a crime (he was 21 to my 17) but no one would have thought to press charges! Isn't it strange that society is SO much more accepting of sexual imagery yet so much more conservative when the sex actually occurs. Of course, anyone who reads the paper knows there are more sick predators now than ever before but check the background before basing your choice of area on generalized statistics. It may well mean that that county has some very old, very conservative judges (with daughters!).

Old 08-12-2006, 01:35 AM

408 posts, read 1,978,236 times
While living there my car was broken into twice and another time my car window was busted out (though nothing was take that time). Other than that I did not have any other problems. My friends and I used to walk around at night there and did not feel unsafe. I never really knew anyone else who had anything done to them. Usually on campus at MTSU there would be like one sexual assault a year that would get a lot of coverage in the school paper.

Old 08-12-2006, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macklen
Be sure to look closely at the charges against someone labeled "sex offender". In many cases it means that one or the other in the offense was not yet 18. The courts have really been strict in enforcing this so sometimes all it takes is a very mad daddy.........and a very conservative judge. Some judges are well known for giving harsh sentences to kids that really don't deserve it. Legally, my first time (back in the dark ages of the 70's) would have been considered a crime (he was 21 to my 17) but no one would have thought to press charges! Isn't it strange that society is SO much more accepting of sexual imagery yet so much more conservative when the sex actually occurs. Of course, anyone who reads the paper knows there are more sick predators now than ever before but check the background before basing your choice of area on generalized statistics. It may well mean that that county has some very old, very conservative judges (with daughters!).
Disagree. A sex offender is a sex offender. Period.

Old 08-12-2006, 09:33 AM

La Vergne maybe better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville