Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 02:56 PM

4 posts, read 9,437 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

My husband and I currently live in Denver and are planning on relocating to North Platte. My husband is going to be working for UP. I have never been to North Platte but after being born and raised in Denver, I am really ready to live in a small town and start a family. Just curious as to what the job market is like there. I am currently an resident manager for a 276 unit property in SE Denver and for another 36 unit property downtown. Curious as to how many if any apartment communities are in North Platte and what the employment rate is. Just trying to get an idea for what I will be able to do for employment and really just anything about North Platte in general.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 12:45 AM

34 posts, read 104,304 times
I used to live in North Platte for a short time. There are not many apartment complexes. There are a few, but are ran by realty places. Compared to Denver, North Platte will be small but its pretty easy to learn and get around in. As for job opportunities, not a whole lot. Depending on your qualifications you may find something as I moved a year ago from there, there could be something new. For a city of its size, there isnt really much to do there. There is Cody Go-Carts which has bumper cars and go carts and on the north side of town is a park with elk, peacocks, geese, deer, and other animals in it. NebraskaLand Days in June is about the most exciting.

Old 12-01-2007, 01:53 PM

8 posts, read 22,979 times
yellowbook.com list about 19. Pacific Place Apartments seems to be the largest. looks nice also they were previewed on the web. Elms Lodge Apartment and Liberty House kinda look like a half way house. The State Patrol web page has a list for Sex offenders, 33 currently live in North Platte and at least two live at these two listings. Like you, My family is looking at the move. If in your web searchs you come across items of interest please send them to me. We will not be making the move untill school is out.

Old 12-09-2007, 12:23 PM

8 posts, read 30,159 times
Have you had any luck in your research on North Platte? My wife and I live near Seattle, Wa and will be moving to North Platte in January or Febuary. Just curious if you have been able find any different links online. Good luck with the move!

Old 12-12-2007, 02:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,843 times
I have lived in North Platte for 17 years. There are many opportunities here as far as jobs/housing etc. I work at Western Insurors and would be happy to point you in the right direction with whatever you need.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:51 AM

Cool Hello

Sorry its taken me so long to post a reply. Thank you all for your help and ideas. My husband will be moving out there this weekend and starting his job on the 4th. I'm not quite sure when im going to be able to move out there as we are currently in a lease that doesnt end until July 15th, but we are hoping that we may be able to get out of it early. I've come across quite a few jobs in North Platte that I am qualified for and not necessarily in the apt industry. The one thing i have been having problems with is finding listings for house for rent. We have a lg dog and a cat and do NOT want to live in an apt. If anyone knows of any good websites to check out regarding houses or even duplexes for rent please let me know. I can't wait to be an official Nebraska resident!!!

GO BIG RED!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 11:58 AM

On a side note.....I have been looking to see if there are any bars/clubs in North Platte that do Karaoke and I'm not seeing any. Is there any place there that does karaoke? I'm going to go crazy if I cant go sing!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 01:15 PM

1,821 posts, read 5,149,792 times
Try the North Platte Telegraph, North Platte Telegraph - News - Area News. You might also try to call some of the realtors in town to see if the have any. Can't help you with the karaoke but I'm sure its out there somewhere.

Old 02-27-2008, 04:15 PM

20 posts, read 75,855 times
Hello!
I had also posted here awhile back regarding North Platte. My husband works out of North Platte, but we reside in New York. We will be also moving there this summer (May-June, as our lease is up July 1st).
I have found this site and this agency to be very helpful:
http://www.cisnorthplatte.com/residential_leasing.htm
I have spoken with them on the phone as well, and Tracy was very helpful.
As the other forum member mentioned the North Platte Bullitin. I also have been keeping an eye on that site. They have quite a few rentals listed most days.
Good Luck- I hope all goes well with your move.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,766 times
Default Lots of home listings in North Platte

Saw that some of you were looking for a home in North Platte but were having trouble because you were moving from out of state.

When I bought my house I used NebraskaHouseMap.com ... It is pretty cool... it is kind of like sites like trulia.com, but it is just for Nebraska. I definitely had more luck here because they have listings from all kind of companies.

Good luck!
Link directly to north platte: [url=http://www.nebraskahousemap.com/?p=1,2,3,4&m=41.132523,-100.772607&z=13]Nebraska House Map - Search over 7000 houses for sale in Lincoln, Omaha and across Nebraska[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska