Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 08:52 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,690,476 times

Advertisements

what do you want to go up on the omaha-lincoln I-80 corridor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 09:08 PM

475 posts, read 2,234,883 times
In the absence of Hal Daub's lake... I'll take the corn fields we already have... perhaps a commuter train connecting the two cities.

I'm in no hurry to see sprawl fill in this area.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:56 AM

884 posts, read 1,034,696 times
I would have loved that lake but it would have been at the expense of many people's homes and way of life.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:40 AM

2,589 posts, read 10,557,380 times
Post your thoughts at I-80 Official Survey. The Governor set up the Nebraska Innovation Zone Council (http://www.neded.org/content/view/197/719/ - broken link)to try and adress this very question. That link is a survey they are doing. The World Hearld had a report on it a few weeks back.

I filled it out and it didn't take too long. Some very good questions/thoughts.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:02 AM

1,821 posts, read 5,149,792 times
Yes, please let the state know of your ideas. I would like to see the Mahoney area become a larger tourist area, probably with an amuesment park, with the beauty being maintained. I would also like to see a light rail, that would be really progressive for Nebraska. I would like to see the Nebraska Crossing outlet become an outlet mall like in Colorado or Branson because my wife loves those! Finally, a tech center type area like Denver's near Waverly or Gretna.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:39 PM

1,119 posts, read 4,199,587 times
Default the area...

This area around the three rivers, and lakes has way too much potential to be filled up with just concrete..

I'm thinking an entertainment district along the green areas, and like stargazer said a commuter train to connect to connect the two cities.

Houses and developments can be developed anywhere, PLEASE don't wast this land, this land has more potential than just about any near Omaha/Lincoln to be developed into a very unique nature/entertainment area.. We don't have to stop development of other types, just reserve this area...

Old 02-03-2008, 12:54 AM

605 posts, read 1,198,895 times
I'd like to see a theme park, and eventually my executive mansion.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:55 AM

1,181 posts, read 4,011,500 times
I agree. I'd like to see some sort of "Worlds of Fun" type attraction. Granted, those places kind of drive me nuts, but I think it would produce a much need influx of tourism dollars. Just for a second think of the draw that the Omaha area would have with a major theme park and the Henry Doorly Zoo. It would turn into a major destination for families to take weekend vacations. That doesn't even include other things like Mahoney State Park and Air and Space Museum.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:21 PM

26,420 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpoulsen View Post
I agree. I'd like to see some sort of "Worlds of Fun" type attraction. Granted, those places kind of drive me nuts, but I think it would produce a much need influx of tourism dollars. Just for a second think of the draw that the Omaha area would have with a major theme park and the Henry Doorly Zoo. It would turn into a major destination for families to take weekend vacations. That doesn't even include other things like Mahoney State Park and Air and Space Museum.
The Sand Hills are good enough for me in terms of tourism. KC is not really that far from Omaha and SE Nebraska if you want to go to "Worlds of Fun"

Old 02-03-2008, 08:31 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,011,500 times
The point is that having two large attractions like Henry Doorly and a Worlds of Fun would really add drawing strength. You're right...as it is people just go to Worlds of Fun. The point is to get them to come to Omaha instead of KC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska