Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2015, 08:00 PM

29 posts, read 35,392 times

Advertisements

Been here for several years and wondering if I have hit everything worthwhile. Looking to try something new. Curious what you all think. Don't care the category (cheap to expensive) don't care the cuisine.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2015, 10:35 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,861,262 times
Best restaurant in Lincoln is in YORK. Chances R is less than an hours drive. Most Lincoln cafes suck IMHO. If you do find one let me know. Kuhl's was last decent one I knew of here. BTW if you do make the trip to Chances R I think their fried chicken is even better than LEE'S.

Old 08-08-2015, 09:43 PM

2 posts, read 3,313 times
The above reader clearly hasn't tried much in Lincoln if he thinks York is the only place to eat WHILE in Lincoln. Chances R isn't in Lincoln so it can't by definition be the best restaurant in Lincoln anyway which was the question. Regardless, there are plenty of great choices in a city of over 200,000. Try Honest Abe's for some of the best burgers you'll ever have anywhere. For some finer dining try Sebastian's Table. They serve Spanish Tapas. Another favorite is Lazlos. Great beer there as well. Blue Sushi in the Haymarket area is great if you like Sushi. Blue Orchid or Issara are both great Thai type restaurants as well.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:31 AM

29 posts, read 35,392 times
Thanks. I agree there are good spots in Lincoln. Sebastians, Dish, Oven, Blue Orchid, Issara, jtk, etc..

I have not tried Abe's but probably will. That said I will give Chances R a try if ever in York, though I have never been to that town.

Thanks everyone.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:28 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,861,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_Falken View Post
The above reader clearly hasn't tried much in Lincoln if he thinks York is the only place to eat WHILE in Lincoln. Chances R isn't in Lincoln so it can't by definition be the best restaurant in Lincoln anyway which was the question. Regardless, there are plenty of great choices in a city of over 200,000. Try Honest Abe's for some of the best burgers you'll ever have anywhere. For some finer dining try Sebastian's Table. They serve Spanish Tapas. Another favorite is Lazlos. Great beer there as well. Blue Sushi in the Haymarket area is great if you like Sushi. Blue Orchid or Issara are both great Thai type restaurants as well.
You are correct Stephen I do not dine out much in Lincoln although I have spent close to fifty years living in the area. I mentioned the Chances R even though it is in York. It is less than an hours drive from Lincoln and well worth the trip. I don't really care to spend $30 or more on a meal when I can fix a better meal at home for a fraction of that. I happen to be a damn fine cook and I have the waist line to prove it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
View detailed profiles of: