Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 02:33 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,872,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
Thanks for the answers. Just curious what districts are considered part of a Sanitory improvement district? Can anyone give an example of one? Are unincorporated subdivisions likely to be part of one or am I wrong?
For that answer you’d have to check with the county assessor’s office and give him/her detailed information on the land parcel you’re interested in. It should show up on county surveyor’s maps or in public records for tax and assessments. If the area in question is in a larger community, the city offices should be able to help, if it’s in a non-municipality (city) then the country records office will be there for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 07:12 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,552,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
Thanks for the answers. Just curious what districts are considered part of a Sanitory improvement district? Can anyone give an example of one? Are unincorporated subdivisions likely to be part of one or am I wrong?

An SID is actually a quasi-government entity (State Legislature authorized their creation I think in the 1960's) so by nature the SID is a subdivision that is incorporated. That is not to say a subdivision can't just be created by a developer and not use SID - in which case it would be an unincorporated subdivision.

The big thing is the SID has property taxing authority to pay for the infrastructure it built with bonded debt - so as someone said - you could check with the Assessor. Go to County Assessor's website for the specific plat of land you are looking at, then look at the levy detail. If it lists an SID then you know the exact SID you are in. If it does not list an SID then most likely you are not.

Old 05-16-2023, 12:40 AM

1 posts, read 397 times
I have several questions concerning SID in Nebraska. First can family members serve on a SID board? Second, What avenues can I obtain to go over the Board besides a recall? Finally can I FOYIA records from the employees of the SID such as meeting minutes, maintanence man interactions with neighbors, and secretary phone records? I would not recommend living in a SID you have no representation whatsoever. Complete disrespect from the board now I know why noone goes to their so called meetings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
View detailed profiles of: