Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 05:54 PM

1,195 posts, read 5,410,363 times

Advertisements

What a sad thought to think it's the best available choice for them. Some gals taking the stripping route can find themself a rich sugardaddy or they can find themselves being used a punching bag. I have friends who are x-dancers one married a great guy they have a couple of kids and very happy, another married and had a couple of kids she is miserable the guy she married treated her lgood but she couldn't handle the normal life they divorced the new husband treats her great and she doesn't like it either. Not sure she will ever be happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 09:49 PM

4 posts, read 10,010 times
I'm not 100% sure about the age, but it might be 21 since they serve drinks at some places and have gaming machines in most.

You do have to apply/get for a tax license before you start the job though. You can get that done at the taxation department in the state building .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen20 View Post
Hey Guys, I need a bit of help. I have been doing lap dancing topless and fully nude in England for the past year. The deal with it over here is that you get paid cash in hand. One of my first queries is that I am 20 years old. i am confused as to wether you have to be 18 to work as a stripper or 21 in Vegas? Also, do i need a work permit or anything like that? Can anyone give me any advice?
Thanks
x

Old 07-01-2007, 12:20 PM

8 posts, read 15,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen20 View Post
Hey Guys, I need a bit of help. I have been doing lap dancing topless and fully nude in England for the past year. The deal with it over here is that you get paid cash in hand. One of my first queries is that I am 20 years old. i am confused as to wether you have to be 18 to work as a stripper or 21 in Vegas? Also, do i need a work permit or anything like that? Can anyone give me any advice?
Thanks
x
Yes, you will need a work permit if you are not a US citizen. That is the case most of the times.

I am not an immigration lawyer but from what I know here are the ways you could obtain work permit:
1) Marry a US citizen that will qualify you to apply for a Green Card and while you are waiting, you will be given a work permit.
2) Apply for a skilled worker’s visa (e.g. H1B Visa). But you have to find an employer who would sponsor you for that type of work visa. The criteria for this kind of work visa are complex. Your sponsoring employer will have to demonstrate to INS that they are unable to find qualified US citizens for the job.

I am not sure if there is shortage of erotic dancers here in Las Vegas or not. But if there indeed is shortage then you should be able to apply for H1B visa. But again, I am not sure if H1B visa program covers erotic dancers.

Also in many cases, immigration laws are country specific. There may be a treaty with England where English citizens are allowed to work here without work permit. But I doubt that is the case.

Old 05-26-2008, 02:44 AM

3 posts, read 11,269 times
Default To the pommie chick

Hi
You can"t legally work in the USA without a Green Card.
I'm sure there are ways around it for your profession but as a recession is abound do you really want to be stripping for $5 a hour and asked to do very very unsavoury deeds to very very unsavoury guys? Not worth leavin the Uk for Darl!
Get those local pommies to coff up more pounds in tips or wait a few years. Although I do beleive the years of the USA currencies being dominant in the world market are over. Thanks Bush. You are probably already earning more than a LV stripper once you do the math!

Old 05-29-2008, 10:26 PM

207 posts, read 734,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Well, we'll have to see some photos before we can determine if you're qualified. We can't release any information until then....lol.

Bob
Ok ok ya beat me to it..

Old 06-07-2008, 04:09 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinga View Post
Ok ok ya beat me to it..

Only by about a year...

Old 06-14-2008, 10:53 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
by now she's too olde to strip or stripe or whatever.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:00 PM

34 posts, read 242,909 times
Default Stripper?Striper?

Doesn't matter if she can spell, she'll make 3xs what an English teacher does.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:11 PM

171 posts, read 765,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Start View Post
Maybe you should consider getting a college education and making something out of yourself instead of degrading yourself daily. But hey if thats your thing..What will you do when you are old and sagging? Its all a matter of time!
Leave the state and go back to whatever hole you came from.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:26 PM

6 posts, read 31,134 times
Ok.. so I'm not a guy and I don't go to the strip clubs.. but you'll probably need a health card or sheriffs card, I think its 18 and over.. find a club you're interested in and call. thats going to be the best way to find out what you really need
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada