Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 01:39 PM

2 posts, read 9,714 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have been to Pahrump a couple of times and we're thinking about moving there.. It's not overcrowded like Las Vegas, homes are affordable, Crime rate is low, and people are very nice.

Just wondering what are the possible upcoming developments there?
I heard that there will be new Walmart ?
Also, I wonder where people in Pahrump originally come from ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 02:42 PM

1,009 posts, read 4,038,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moemi View Post
I wonder where people in Pahrump originally come from?

Old 06-23-2009, 01:14 PM

3 posts, read 20,307 times
Pahrump isn't that bad. And I am 20, so that says a lot.

Their are some up and coming things. They are building a new Walmart so it is bigger to fit the size of the up and coming town. Also, their is talk about a Carls Jr coming soon.

I moved to pahrump from Vegas with my parents when I was 15. A lot of people move to Parhump from Las Vegas and California.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,171 times
Is there really a new super walmart and shopping area going up soon near the detention center?

Old 06-07-2011, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,957 times
I just visited Pahrump with the intention of retiring there in a few years. They were talking aobut a new Walmart coming soon--I did not hear where. We just bought some land there and are very impressed with the town and the friendliness.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:18 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,049,517 times
I'm thinking the new Wal-Mart has been put on hold because of the economy. It was proposed several years ago but I don't believe there's been any progress on it. From what I can recall, it's suppose to be at Hwy 160 and W. Irene Street which is just north of the main commercial area (a few blocks north of Basin Ave).

Old 11-23-2012, 10:43 AM

3 posts, read 7,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco22 View Post
I'm thinking the new Wal-Mart has been put on hold because of the economy. It was proposed several years ago but I don't believe there's been any progress on it.
Walmart is up & operating in Pahrump.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:06 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,029,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 112233xyz View Post
Walmart is up & operating in Pahrump.
Not the "new" Walmart that was once proposed at the intersection of Irene and Hwy160. It was going to be a huge store much bigger than the current one. The current one was once considered outdated with narrow isles and relatively small square footage for a "super walmart" so they wanted to build a new one until the bottom dropped out of the economy.

Who knows if the new one at Irene street --about a half mile north of Home Depot-- will ever be built at this point.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:17 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times
The few times I've passed thru Pahrump, from Death Valley, I searched and searched for some resemblance of a downtown area and never found it. Is there one? And if not, are they going to create a downtown area from scratch?

To me, that city seems so, so, so strewn out, all over the place, and it appears to be as car-centric as any city you could imagine. It wouldn't surprise me if they don't even have any bus service, so what would you do if you lost your driver's license while living there? And my concerns are one of a senior citizen living there.

Any bus service from Pahrump to Las Vegas?

Last edited by tijlover; 12-06-2012 at 01:19 AM.. Reason: Add lin

Old 12-06-2012, 12:15 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,029,646 times
It seems like there use to be bus service into Vegas but from what I've gathered, that has been discontinued. I believe this is the latest article in the local paper on local bus service in town (or the lack thereof) and it does make reference to the SilverRider service into Las Vegas and the airport:

Town hears bus service pitch | Pahrump Valley Times

And yes, when I lived there, I remember having the conversation with others that there is no "quaint downtown area" to Pahrump. The closest thing to a downtown I suppose is the area on both sides of hwy 160 on Basin Avenue. The Pahrump Town offices are just north of Basin on hwy 160 (across 160 from Home Depot). The Nye County offices and court house are located to the east on Basin as is the DMV office a few blocks further. So if anywhere is considered "downtown," I suppose it would be hwy 160 and Basin Avenue. The commercial center of town would probably be considered hwy 160 and hwy 372?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada