Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 04:26 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times

Advertisements

Just another wack job with a gun which is a comforting thought.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-28-2010 at 05:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 08:29 PM

477 posts, read 899,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Just another wack job with a gun which is a comforting thought.
Wow, are you a one trick pony.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHForester View Post
Wow, are you a one trick pony.

I prefer to call it "well focused"

Old 12-29-2010, 02:19 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
I got passed on ice yesterday in the school zone with the yellow flashing light, which means 25 MPH, right in front of th Brett School. I got the one finger salute too, but oddly didn't grab the grip of my gun. I just wished the cops had been there to see that.

And no this is not at all like the Bird case.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:14 PM

264 posts, read 616,773 times
I have only been in town 2 days and have been road raged three time already.

Seems to be a pattern here in the Conway valley area. Same toothless, inbred, low-life, piece of Sh#$% types driving an even bigger piece of Sh#$% with one fender hanging off and no muffler looking for a confrontation and sporting Maine plates. Guess that's one of the hazards to vacationing in a border town. All the rip-raff from Maine flow in to beat the taxes.

Literally this character described above today stopped his (what used to be a jeep) car in front of me at the exit of the wal-mart parking lot and would not move even though the road was clear and just sat there and glared at me in his mirror. After I realized he had "issues" I made a move to go around him, he cut me off, laughed and the gave me the finger. He was out looking for a confrontation and I would have loved to turn him into an organ donor; however, letting him find his confrontation someplace else was also a good choice considering my kids were on board.

This jack wagon has nothing anyway so he probably has nothing to lose or the fact that law-enforcement in the area seems to be absent to say the least probably emboldened this type of behavior in the area. I don't know. Feels good to vent though.

Every time we have stayed in the Conway area for a vacation we have had some confrontation with someone like this from Maine. It as convnced us this area is not for us in retirement so the search for a home goes on.

Cant wait to see what tomorrow brings!

Old 12-29-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captjob View Post
I have only been in town 2 days and have been road raged three time already.

Seems to be a pattern here in the Conway valley area. Same toothless, inbred, low-life, piece of Sh#$% types driving an even bigger piece of Sh#$% with one fender hanging off and no muffler looking for a confrontation and sporting Maine plates. Guess that's one of the hazards to vacationing in a border town. All the rip-raff from Maine flow in to beat the taxes.

Literally this character described above today stopped his (what used to be a jeep) car in front of me at the exit of the wal-mart parking lot and would not move even though the road was clear and just sat there and glared at me in his mirror. After I realized he had "issues" I made a move to go around him, he cut me off, laughed and the gave me the finger. He was out looking for a confrontation and I would have loved to turn him into an organ donor; however, letting him find his confrontation someplace else was also a good choice considering my kids were on board.

This jack wagon has nothing anyway so he probably has nothing to lose or the fact that law-enforcement in the area seems to be absent to say the least probably emboldened this type of behavior in the area. I don't know. Feels good to vent though.

Every time we have stayed in the Conway area for a vacation we have had some confrontation with someone like this from Maine. It as convnced us this area is not for us in retirement so the search for a home goes on.

Cant wait to see what tomorrow brings!
I know the type.....they probably have not gone 12 miles from their trailer or flown on a plane in their life. They simply don't understand

Old 12-30-2010, 09:57 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
It's a good bet the riff raff from Maine is really from Mass. They don't make it in Mass, so come to Maine NH and VT to be somebody. They don't cut that idea here either.

I was in town at apx the same times you were in that area, and found traffic a little faster than the posted limits.

You must remember and take into account that this is Christmass vacation week, with super high traffic flows, and more so in the area of walley world, since the riff raff is returning all the chinese junk they broke since Christmass day. The flow will ebb after this coming New Years Eve Weekend.

I am just down the road 15 miles south from the entrance to the Kanc. The little black bubble car that passed me at the Brett School was from Mass.

NH is not free from road rage either. With every Tom, Dick, and Harry and his spouse all from 'away' they bring things like crime, and road rage with them.

This sort of thing was un-heard of in NH pre 1985. It has been a good number of years now, since 1985, and NH is no longer that Currier and Ives place people from away think it is.

People from away bring their baggage with them when they move here.

N Conway isn't a quaint little NH village anymore, and it hasn't been since the airport was turned into Settlers Green. N Conway is the Sodom and Gomorrah of NH.

You get riff raff in that element anywhere on earth. Getting a car battery at walley world 2 summers back for a friend, I encountered the walking dead at walley world. I don't know what else to call these kids all dressed in black with dark purple make up (boys too) and black painted finger nails, but they were not good looking people IMO.

Assuming you drove into the villiage area where Horse feathers is, and Zeek's, the train station, all the way from the Rt's 302 and 16 USED to be a scenic vista looking over to Catherdral Ledge and White Horse Ledge , up the valley towards the Presidential Range.

With your own eyes you saw that is gone.

Living here means you learn traffic flow. On a Friday night you want to be south bound and return some other way. On a Sunday night you want to be North bound and return some other way.

If yer still around shoot me a dm and we can meet over a coffee somewhere, or you can come visit here if you prefer. I do have plans for New Years Eve, out in the woods. If you want to go there bring warm gear to have. It is at a house, and there will be a large bonfire, set up to be dry since last Spring. Wholesome folks in the middle of no where. You can be my guest.

Depending on age you might call me uncle, or I might call you that.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:22 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Wondering if this fine upstanding citizen had a registered gun....doubt it....

Man Shot By Police Near Oak Park Mall - Kansas City News Story - KCTV Kansas City

Old 12-30-2010, 10:32 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,138,851 times
This sort of thing was un-heard of in NH pre 1985.

funny statement - there is no statistical nor scientific evidence to support that statement. The current 'epidemic' is pure media fiction. There have always been aggressive drivers, we just didn't have a cutesy name for it. The term "road rage" was coined in the 1980's. Concern with aggressive drivers goes back to the very first days of motor cars.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:42 AM

4 posts, read 4,180 times
Sorry to disagree - buy I have been driving to NH since 1979. There has been a shift latley. More and more NH drivers will ride your but (and I mean close) and pass at first chance. It really bothers my wife when she is driving. This was un-heard of in NH 10-15 years ago. Back then NH drivers were the most curtious I had ever seen. Now forget it - it is like all the mass holes bought property up there and now register there cars in NH but still drive like mass holes. I see them down here all the time now in mass with thier NH plates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire