Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 12:08 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,697,470 times

Advertisements

Great post for relocation info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 11:00 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourn0 View Post
WOW!...talk about "Nashua hate". As a newcomer here, I wonder why the 'tree-named' streets are considered 'crappy'? The folks living there are younger, motivated, and diverse. Without them, Nashua would feel like any other old, Southern, segregated town. I'd love to see the area become one of Boston's better suburbs!(ah yes, that little state line is invisible...)
It has nothing to do with age, motivation (?) or skin color. It is about the crime rate and the condition of the houses on the streets. Check the crime rates for that area. Drive around there and see the trash, the run down houses, the abandoned cars.... I drove through there one day last week and could not believe how many people were just hanging out in the streets. I guess they all work the night shift???

Old 06-22-2011, 11:49 AM

1,239 posts, read 2,009,298 times
sojourn0 - do a search of the sex offender registry...where do more than 85% of them live? where do the drug busts happen? where are the run-down homes and graffiti? i can see the area used to have nice homes and there are still a few mixed in, but the majority of owners/landlords take ZERO pride in their property.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:37 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,949,596 times
Change that to ABSENTEE owners/landlords. Slums are not created by owner-occupants, but by owners who simply collect a check each month, and don't bother checking into the propery on a regular basis. It's even worse when the renters aren't the ones paying the rent, but a government agency. This equals NOBODY who really cares about the property or the neighborhood. It's just an investment to one, and temporary housing for the other... Nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzo0904 View Post
i can see the area used to have nice homes and there are still a few mixed in, but the majority of owners/landlords take ZERO pride in their property.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:58 PM

3 posts, read 4,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzo0904 View Post
sojourn0 - do a search of the sex offender registry...where do more than 85% of them live? where do the drug busts happen? where are the run-down homes and graffiti? i can see the area used to have nice homes and there are still a few mixed in, but the majority of owners/landlords take ZERO pride in their property.
Sex offenders, mostly in Manchester/Nashua lol. Nashua = Temple Street
Drug bust, well UNH tops anything and everywhere so Manch kills Nashua there. But Nashua = Tree streets, and Hudson Bridge.
Rundown homes and graffiti? I don't know a lot about Manchesters 'artwork' but I'm going to have to assume the cities are close to equal, in Nashua, probably the park down at the end of Chestnut Street...

In reality though, come to Nashua and live here dude >.> we rarely refer to it as Nashua compared to how often we refer to it as Trashua... In general, our (High) schools top Manchester, and we might have a couple better parks idak, but both cities are great places. I'll stay in Trashua though : D, just cause we can come up with better insults for our city.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:05 PM

3 posts, read 4,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
Change that to ABSENTEE owners/landlords. Slums are not created by owner-occupants, but by owners who simply collect a check each month, and don't bother checking into the propery on a regular basis. It's even worse when the renters aren't the ones paying the rent, but a government agency. This equals NOBODY who really cares about the property or the neighborhood. It's just an investment to one, and temporary housing for the other... Nothing more.
Typically I'd agree with you. But even the houses where there IS landlord intervention(Or whatever the word I'm looking for here is), they still look trashed. In Nash about the only good districts are over on the Hollis border cause we're trying to compete, and up by NHSN because we're trying to compete with (I think) Merrimack (is the city over there), so the police actually do stuff up there to make sure it still looks nice. Then you have the Hudson and Tyngsboro borders and the central area where they just don't give a damn. All of it relates to Police intervention, look at the other cities in NH where there's a police force that is sized for that city, Dover/Portsmouth/Hamp and etc. They all still look decent or very nice.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:23 PM

3 posts, read 3,211 times
Don't pick either, very high crime, huge drug problem, no way.

GO TO PORTSMOUTH OR MAINE.

VERY VERY BAD CRIME ISSUES/DRUG PROBLEMS. MANCHVEGAS IS DO BAD , THE POLICE CHIEF TOOK THE SCANNERS OFFLINE !!

A FEW NOOKS THAT ARE STILL SAFE, BUT NOT FOR LONG.

Old 10-04-2016, 06:36 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,285,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle12345 View Post
Don't pick either, very high crime, huge drug problem, no way.

GO TO PORTSMOUTH OR MAINE.

VERY VERY BAD CRIME ISSUES/DRUG PROBLEMS. MANCHVEGAS IS DO BAD , THE POLICE CHIEF TOOK THE SCANNERS OFFLINE !!

A FEW NOOKS THAT ARE STILL SAFE, BUT NOT FOR LONG.
You realize that you are replying to a thread that is five years old, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire