Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 09:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,580 times

Advertisements

I know this topic has been beaten to death on the forums here, but like every individual I think my situation is a little different.

So, I work in Cambridge right off the MBTA Red-line, and we rent in Malden right off the Orange-line. My wife who works in Boston has been offered a (better paying/career) job near Manchester close to I-93, and wants to take it up. We have decided that the best option would be to live somewhere in the middle (Salem, Derry, Northern MA even), with the NH options giving her the luxury of saving the MA tax. With this, we are hoping her commute should be smooth since she is against the mad-rush.

However, the bone of contention is my commute, my work hours are flexible to an extent that I can reach my office as late as 10AM. The only two options we see are -- 1) car 2) boston express. Scouring the forums, I dont see references to travel after 9AM, there is a boston express around 9AM near exit 2 on I-93, any idea how long it would take to reach South Station? The website says 1hr, does it really take that long at that time as well? I want to avoid driving, but if that gives the most flexibility, I am up for it.

Any suggestions on apartments for rent in the area will be helpful, craigslist throws up a few, all none too impressive. Northern MA (Methuen, Haverhill) seems to have better options
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 05:30 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Boston Express is my commuter transport from Londondery to Boston. I prefer to take the very early bus (5:30 out of Exit 4) because I am a morning person and working from 7 am to 3 pm suits me and avoids most trafic delays. Taking the bus is cheaper than parking in downtown Boston.

Google Boston Expres bus and check their website for details and schedule. Londondery is nice town with easy access to Merrimack and Boston and reasonable priced houses. There are lots of apartments available in Manchester, Merrimack and Nashua.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire