Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 06:29 PM

3 posts, read 6,567 times

Advertisements

Excellent! Portsmouth is not that far from Nashua. Pick up a Sunday and come visit us. We would love to meet you! 43 Main Street, Nashua @ 1 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 11:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,868 times
Hi, i used to live in manchaster , nh, and had a russian friend. We went to middle school and high school together. I lost touch with her for 12 yrs now but i cant remember her last name. Her name was Maria- Masha and had a twin brother Ivan they are about 27-28 yrs old. Their mom had a flooring cimpany. If anyone know them please let me know !

Old 03-11-2015, 08:30 AM

571 posts, read 1,318,613 times
I volunteer at the front desk of the Nashua YMCA and part of my job is to verify memberships when the scan in. If they forget their tag with a bar code, I have to manually enter their name into the computer.
I can tell you that there are Russian members of the community and I have had conversations with some about their old countries history.
There is a huge Greek Orthodox Church in Nashua (very close to the YMCA) but I don't know if it is patronized by the Russian community.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:22 AM

230 posts, read 536,008 times
There was a sizable Russian community in Berlin once upon a time, and a Russian Orthodox Church (technically no longer Russian as it's not under the jurisdiction of Moscow) still stands there, on a hill overlooking the city. The population has since dwindled, though many old-timers in the city still claim Russian lineage.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:49 AM

4 posts, read 4,919 times
I live in NH! What are your questions? My name is Maxim.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,565 times
Is that russian club on main steet still gethering on sundays ?

Old 10-22-2015, 12:03 AM

149 posts, read 182,029 times
Was it easy to adjust in NH in terms of culture and were people friendly or were there hostile experiences?

Old 10-22-2015, 10:56 PM

4 posts, read 4,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opossum_ View Post
Was it easy to adjust in NH in terms of culture and were people friendly or were there hostile experiences?
People are very friendly but mind there own business. Never a hostile experience.

Old 10-24-2015, 02:33 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
After the Soviet Union collapsed I wonder if the contingent of spies in and around Washington DC picked up and moved to NH to get to a climate more like Russia.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,280 times
Hi my name is Shawn, I live here in New HampshireI i have lived here just about all of my life aside for a few years that I moved to Washington D.C. after high school. I live in a small country town about 20 minutes north of Manchester and I am in Manchester just about everyday! I myself am not Russian, but I absolutely love the Russian culture and language! It is such a beautiful language and I have been teaching myself Russian as much as I can! I have a very close friend who was brought to America back in the early 1990's after an American family adopted her from an orphanage in Moscow, Russia. I am hoping to one day help her travel back to Russia and see if we can locate her real parents and family! But in the meantime, I am looking to find people who would like to get together and speak Russian together! I truly do love the language and I am finding out that I am picking it up quite easy. I also have an opportunity to travel to Russia very soon on a missionary trip to help the people in need there and bring the gospel to those who would like to hear! I am hoping that maybe someone here on this forum would like to ge together and help me learn to speak more clearly and more fluently! It would also be nice to make a friend! Bog blagoslovil!

Last edited by ShawnNH77rezident; 07-07-2016 at 09:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire