Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2007, 12:47 PM

17 posts, read 94,379 times

Advertisements

Are there companies in New Hampshire that design environmentally friendly houses and buildings, for people living off-grid, or wanting low energy bills and heating bills? Using renewable energy and sustainabe design principles?

I'm from the UK and this area is becoming important over there. Is there demand for this sort of thing in New Hampshire? And what companies are out there and in which cities?

Thanks for your help

Nick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 02:27 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,037,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjs View Post
Are there companies in New Hampshire that design environmentally friendly houses and buildings, for people living off-grid, or wanting low energy bills and heating bills? Using renewable energy and sustainabe design principles?

I'm from the UK and this area is becoming important over there. Is there demand for this sort of thing in New Hampshire? And what companies are out there and in which cities?
Hi Nick,

It's getting a little more important here, you find more info showing up in magazines and TV shows at least. Since we are planning to build an earth-shelter house we will also be including a lot of 'Green' principles (we're cheap and like lower bills!).

I don't know much about what companies use/build yet, but our architect, Don Jansinksi <http://www.jasinskiai.com/> , has built earth-shelter buildings for many many years (his is a 5 story push into the side of the mountain). I'm sure he would have an idea of what sort of things are out there or at least where to look.

-Judy

Old 08-07-2007, 09:05 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,949,596 times
Hi Nick
One of the builders that our company is affiliated with is H. W. deVries, who is currently building in Milford NH. I'm not sure if it would be considered advertising, please PM me if you would like more information.
Thanks

Old 09-17-2007, 04:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,287 times
I know this guy branched off his building company to build green.

residentiallygreen.com

Old 09-19-2007, 12:22 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
What Mr. Forns suggests. plus

Put the windows on the south and east walls, insulate everything beyond the recommendations, use low temperature heat (warm floors) and control the ventilation.

Also, a couple of big warm dogs or cats can be very effective bed warmers but not so good in the summer.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:33 PM

212 posts, read 948,552 times
Default NESEA Solar Home Tour coming Soon!

If you don't already know about NESEA, their Solar Home Tour is coming very soon. Look at their website for buildings near you. It's a great opportunity to talk to homeowners who are living in sustainable buildings, using alternative forms of energy. They should have a map and list of homes on the tour within the next week:

Green Buildings Open House Main Page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
View detailed profiles of: