Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 12:17 PM

951 posts, read 1,659,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by windchimes03561 View Post
Hehehe - Is that a reference to musical pickin' and grinnin'? If so, hubby does a lot of that
You betcha baby!!!!!!!!!!! Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 12:23 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,187,170 times
I don't know about other areas in New Hampshire, but up here in the Littleton area, there are a lot of really GOOD musicians. We were at a BBQ this past weekend and there was a band there that plays regularly in Warren - great bunch of people....you should enjoy it!

Old 08-29-2007, 12:30 PM

I can't wait. I am so close to putting my house on the market now. Just a few more upgrades and I'm ready. The house across the street just sold in two months for $335k and it's not as nice as mine. I should do well. I'm hoping for a house with a front porch so I can sit out there and jam! Thanks for the encouragement!!

Old 08-31-2007, 04:02 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,966,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfry View Post
I can't wait. I am so close to putting my house on the market now. Just a few more upgrades and I'm ready. The house across the street just sold in two months for $335k and it's not as nice as mine. I should do well. I'm hoping for a house with a front porch so I can sit out there and jam! Thanks for the encouragement!!

Bry, you will have to get a house near mine, so we can all hear you play. I love music!! My daughter manages a music store, her boyfriend is in a band(they moved out here from Penn)he also teaches guitar, I took guitar lessons years ago, I think I'll leave it to the pros. What would life be without music?? As I once heard from I think one of the members of the "old" Journey, music is the soundtrack of our lives. I have always loved that saying.

Good luck with the sale of your house.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Bry, you will have to get a house near mine, so we can all hear you play. I love music!!....As I once heard from I think one of the members of the "old" Journey, music is the soundtrack of our lives...Good luck with the sale of your house.
Thanks! You don't want to hear me play guitar. I'm just a hack compared to some. My main instrument is actually the drums, but guitar and bass are both easier to carry!!LOL! I've been a player all of my life and I don't know what I would do without music. It would kill me not to play.

One of my favorite lines:
"I'm young, I'm wild and I'm free
I got the magic power of the music in me" -----Triumph

I hope all goes well on my house sale, thanks. The house across the street just sold within two months and mine is much better. I should be ok. I'm hoping to list it in the early spring after some interior work. Thanks for the encouragement!

Old 09-01-2007, 02:29 PM

354 posts, read 1,275,486 times
Thumbs up Ya Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
There are a variety of jobs up here, from customer services, government hospital construction etc. It all depends on where you go. My husband is a police officer, anyone can apply to be one, the pay is well enough that I don't have to work and he's only been a police officer since March. So it all depends on what your cup of tea is.
Your NH posts make miss NH even more but I have to remember why I moved to FL. I know you detest FL. FL is the bizzarro world for a New Englander.....
The job market is much better in NH (New England in general - it's more industrial, educated etc.). MY current saying is we stay in FL until the $$$ runs out.

The weather in NH is......interesting. It will keep you on your toes. You can't really plan ahead that well cause you never now what the weekend will bring. Some people like it that way. Watch out on Rt 93 during the summer/ski season as the "Flatlanders" clog up the road. "Get out of my way, I need to relax!!!" I would suppose rt 91 near you in Keene may have the same problems with Conn/NY people driving north for summer or ski season.

Fall
Rake the leaves, prep the house/car for winter, go for a drive in foliage season.
The fall "fair" season is here. A great time. I love the Deerfield fair near me in Manchester. The NH fairs are much better than the Topsfield fair in Mass. In Mass it's like going to see the city-slickers see a cow being milked. In NH they are your real neighbors.... I will miss my yearly Apple Crisp and Fried dough. Don't go to the fair if you are on a diet...
Dates for NH fairs and Expositions (http://www.nhfairs.com/fairdates.htm - broken link) - Lancaster & Hopkington Fair are this weekend.
Columbus day weekend is considered to be peak time for foliage and of course the "leaf-peepers" will clog up the good roads up by Conway. If you are a local you can drive anywhere and see the same foliage but stay away from the touristy areas.

Winter
Snowmobile, Ski , X-country ski , Shovel snow, scrape your windshield, shop at the Mall, movies, restaraunts, Ice-fishing.
In Manchester they even have a little ski hill that is open at night. I really did try to learn how to snowboard and ski. The snowboarding turned out ugly but I was able to get down the hill on skis. Getting off the lift was the hardest part. McIntyre Ski Area and Snowboard Park
One the lakes you will see small huts for ice-fishing in the winter.

Spring
Get out of the house...finally. Bicycle, clean up around house, fix all the damage to landscaping from winter. Wait everyday until finally the leaves come out and the grass starts growing again. It is a truly unique feeling coming out of winter like a rebirth - a new year with all kinds of possibilities.
Wave hi to the neighbors etc.

Summer
Memorial Day is like the un-official beginning of summer but the weather sometimes does not cooperate. It ends at Labor day and that's final. You may get what is called "Indian summer" in Sept. There a lot of nice ponds and lakes, you don't have to go to Lake Winnepesaukee. The Mt. Washington boat goes around the whole lake (winne) Nice ride
Mount Washington Cruises - Home Page
Oh yeah there is Hampton Beach on the ocean but if you go up the coast there is Rye beack etc. Portsmouth is a nice visit also.

Sorry for the loooong post......

Old 09-01-2007, 03:02 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,966,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfry View Post
Thanks! You don't want to hear me play guitar. I'm just a hack compared to some. My main instrument is actually the drums, but guitar and bass are both easier to carry!!LOL! I've been a player all of my life and I don't know what I would do without music. It would kill me not to play.

One of my favorite lines:
I got the magic power of the music in me" -----Triumph

I hope all goes well on my house sale, thanks. The house across the street just sold within two months and mine is much better. I should be ok. I'm hoping to list it in the early spring after some interior work. Thanks for the encouragement!
I got the magic power of the music in me"

That was a great quote too. My mom is 75 and loves Triumph!! She loves Pink Floyd as well. David Gilmore has been her "crush" for years. Too funny. I agree, where would we be without music. It evokes so many feelings, emotions. Thank god I passed my love of music down to my kids, and they have a broad spectrum of music they like..I did something right as a parent. Haha

Old 09-01-2007, 06:06 PM

Funny you should mention this - Right now hubby has Roger Waters Live in Berlin DVD playing while I'm writing this - he's a major fan! Roger Waters, Pink Floyd, David Gilmore, Eric Clapton, "the Dead" - sets up the DVD and plugs in his electric guitar and amp and plays along with them....thank goodness the neighbors also like them all

Old 09-01-2007, 06:37 PM

I love Floyd. They were so important to me musically in the late seventies. I still love listening to the stuff. I just listened to the Animals album two nights ago! Not much of a "Dead Head". I was into southern rock (still am), but it never included them. I do the same thing like your hubby. I have quad headphones so I plug one into the guitar effects box and the other into the stereo and play along without bothering the sleeping kids upstairs!

Old 09-01-2007, 06:41 PM

One of the joys of being a couple of "old poops" - Our kids are grown with familes of their own, so it's just the two of us.....don't have to worry about waking the kids!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire