Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 02:46 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,179,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Cute- what about a pic of your kitty?
During our packing today, we snuck a pic of two very exhausted kittehs (we love Icanhazcheezeburger.com)

Peanut is my black and white tuxedo cat with a new red jingle collar, whom she prominently proved does not hinder her catching birdies.

Babygurl is the calico tabby and my hubby's cat. These two fight, hiss, swat, and generally act like they hate each other, however; when in nap mode they can tollerate halves of the couch. lol
Attached Thumbnails
On my way! Vacation relocation-kittehz.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 04:46 PM

117 posts, read 485,977 times
Good luck with everything. Man you really are living a different life. Not many people could do what you are doing but wish you the best and welcome to NH.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:44 PM

Why thank you WIMU!

Have you ever been bored? I mean, picture a life, a thirty something, no kids, not a lot of money-stuck in a town that is not right for you. The people just don't "get" you. They don't get your jokes, they won't talk to you because they don't know you, know your family, hey you're not even from this town, who the heck are you again?

Now imagine, a place you remember, beautiful, comforting, family, memories, and picture how the heck you'd ever find that nirvana again. How did you come so far, live all of these years, go to college, just to end up absolutely lost? How did you miss the GPS of life?

Then, you pile the bills on your table, you take a good long look through glassy tear stained eyes, at the negative income versus the pile of bills. You are falling behind by $350 each month, and there is no where to go.

What would you do? If your spouse supports your hair-brained idea to chuck it all and trek across the great lakes for a chance.....JUST ONE CHANCE...to change your bad luck...

would you?
do you have too much to loose? what if you have nothing left to lose? Hard to lose something I didn't have to begin with, and yes, we're talking about sanity! lol

My best friend from texas e-mailed me and said, I was rather gutsy......

My view is, how much guts does it take to make that first step towards a happier life? It didn't take me hardly any thought at all....and all of the sacrifices were worth it. Trust me, all of the things I parted with, were things I can't take with me when I'm dead, and there is no one to pass it along to anyways....and its worth money right now, money I haven't had in a while, and boy can we say how big this lobster is going to be when I get home to NH!!!

Im soo ready! I have to say thanks for giving me just a little box to spill my jitters, thoughts, ask my questions, and just chill out during this change in my life.

You've been so supportive, no matter whether you agree or not what I'm about, you never judged, or nudged, or was anything but honest-superior human beings, the whole lot of ya!

cheers

Old 09-13-2007, 04:53 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,178,972 times
Katlakat - What a great post and what wonderful spirit you have! Sure you have some jitters - that's normal. With your outlook/attitude, though, I would suspect the move will be a great adventure and you will be fine with both the move and settling in.

I can't remember when you're leaving where you are and starting your treck or when you anticipate arriving, but will look forward to a post from you saying "We're heeeerrrrreeeeeee" <g>.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:06 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,331,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlakat View Post
During our packing today, we snuck a pic of two very exhausted kittehs (we love Icanhazcheezeburger.com)

Peanut is my black and white tuxedo cat with a new red jingle collar, whom she prominently proved does not hinder her catching birdies.

Babygurl is the calico tabby and my hubby's cat. These two fight, hiss, swat, and generally act like they hate each other, however; when in nap mode they can tollerate halves of the couch. lol
Thanks for the pics of your cute kitties. I too forget exactly when you are leaving. Do you have an exact date yet?

Old 09-13-2007, 10:52 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,952,219 times
Yes Kat, please make sure to let us know your departure date and your anticipated arrival date. I am keeping my eyes open for rentals for you in the Laconia area, and have found one in Meredith and one in Laconia. I'll PM you the details

Old 09-14-2007, 08:43 PM

I appreciate it gals, thanks!

We depart wednesday, september 19th. Our last yard sale is tomorrow, and we pick up the u-haul trailer tuesday.

We printed out a 40 page trip tik outline we created online, with all of our stops along lake erie.

I'd love those listings Val, I have been looking back at the ones I bookmarked on craigslist and they are all gone now (plz don't make me camp during winter snow!) lol

our first assignment is to get settled in a warm home, then to find our places among the world....ahh the joys of being a gypsy.

thanks again girls, I plan on taking lots of pictures and putting them to music, so when we get set up on internet again, I'll be sure to post the site link here for all of you to point and laugh at!hahaha

kat

Old 09-14-2007, 09:06 PM

132 posts, read 350,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlakat View Post

We printed out a 40 page trip tik outline we created online, with all of our stops along lake erie.

kat
Kat, I wondered where you got the trip tik site. I thought you said before that it was on AAA, but now I can't find the forum post Is it something I could use for once we get to NH to map out the things we want to do/see or is it more for long distance travel? I'm so happy for you...what a perfect time for a fresh start!

Old 09-14-2007, 10:43 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,952,219 times
Hey Kat... I'm keeping an eye open every day for ya... I called about those 2 rentals, and unfortunately, no pets/no smokers

I'll start monitoring craigslist for you as well, since you'll be without a computer!

Old 09-15-2007, 03:05 AM

Thank you val! Mike has places marked on our trip tik with wireless internet so that he can check his emails once a day. amazing. I'll have him keep a look out for you-
helena@mmetcalf.net

Kelleybell,
here is the link for my trip tik
Road, Travel, and Financial Services - AAA

click the go to internet trip tik button in grey in the middle of the page.

I think its mainly for long distance trips, but give just across NH a try, build a trip on it and see what you can make, icons, and such.

My hubby found the camp grounds and marked them with specifics he found by using this website, not sure what all you can mark as he kinda went off and running, but give it a try and see.

try this site for new england specifics-it is a planner for just touring NE-
New England Travel Guide

good luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire