Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 05:02 PM

497 posts, read 953,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
What a awesome area to start a new page in your life. Enjoy
We done thunk so...
That slogan..."NH, we love it here".

Frikkin' perfect.

[well, except for the black flies and mosquitos that have FAA clearance.]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 02:35 PM

105 posts, read 287,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
They do if you leave the NJ attitude back in NJ.
Bingo. I'll be moving to NH within a week and don't plan on bringing any of the Jersey attitude with me. Don't move to another state and then start complaining about certain aspects without first trying to adapt. I know it will be colder so I'll dress warmer, I know there may be more snow so I'll start skiing (again), etc. How flexible are you?

ADAPT AND EMBRACE.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:35 PM

1,360 posts, read 2,951,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2NCMom View Post
Ummmmm NC????????? really? think you should talk to someone who actually LIVES there - I do and trust me, it doesn't fit your description at all!
Guilty as charged - I haven't lived there. But I keep hearing how good the schools in Raleigh are, as well as some positive buzz about Winston-Salem schools. Is this wrong?

Old 12-17-2011, 11:00 AM

1,282 posts, read 3,703,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo6 View Post
Guilty as charged - I haven't lived there. But I keep hearing how good the schools in Raleigh are, as well as some positive buzz about Winston-Salem schools. Is this wrong?
You wrote:
There are other places that offer good environments for your kids, are cheaper, and potentially have more jobs and better schools. I'm thinking of PA, Ohio, Va, and NC in particular.

NC is NOT cheaper - the income tax alone matches the FEDERAL tax level almost to the penny - with NO deductions as the federal level has. In addition an 8% sales tax minimum along with tons of other taxes makes NC very expensive. Also unemployment level here is high - and you have a ton of minorities that will get a job before you due to the lovely federal laws on hiring. Schools? most public schools in the counties are not passing the No Child Left Behind mandates. My kids school is one of the higher ones in our county, and still we didn't pass it. No NC is no where close to being better than NH - and this comes from someone who's lived over 8 years in both states (moreso in NH than NC - but I'm approaching my 9th year here in NC and wish it wasn't a day longer!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire