Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 06:45 PM

148 posts, read 520,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuggaBoo2 View Post
Wow, you mean my picture? If so, yes you may. & Happy Birthday!
Thank you very much, put a smile on my face. I am going to talk with my hubby about moving further north. I am craving more cooler weathers and deal with the winters up there. I am tired of the hot 90 degree weathers. Today it hit 88 in West Virginia nuts huh, its fall supposed to be in the 60's.

Thank you, I put the picture on my desktop and wow it looks great, I will take a pic so you can see how beautiful it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2007, 06:53 PM

450 posts, read 557,749 times
and yet florida is colder than that

Old 10-06-2007, 07:24 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,956,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
I'm glad you like them suzet.. I went out again today driving and I went further out into western Keene and got some shots

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0158.jpg (broken link)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0126.jpg (broken link)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0157.jpg (broken link)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0147-1.jpg (broken link)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0127.jpg (broken link)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0121.jpg (broken link)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0114.jpg (broken link)

and heres just a small autumn display on a house, i've seen better but this one i passed walking my dog

Thank you Tara!! Ah, the leaves are so beautiful. BuggaBoo2 thank you for the wonderful pic of the mums. I love the color!! What part of Cali are you from, if you dont mind me asking? I am in Santa Clarita. voltaire, I would love to take a trip to the blue ridge mountains and smoky mountains, I have seen many pics and they look amazing and I certainly could do the jacuzzi thing. I might actually get my husband to relax. A jacuzzi, beautiful scenery, and NO cell phone. I think he had one implanted on him at birth. LOL

Old 10-06-2007, 07:48 PM

450 posts, read 557,749 times
same as my wife, she loves the phone

maybe put it on your to do list for the future

I honestly think that the smokies and blue ridge mountains are one of the most beautiful relaxing sights I've been to

we had an RV once and took a trip right from florida through the smokies into the blue ridge and then onto amish country (lancaster PA) then gettysburg and what a sight.

your husband I'm sure would love it. It's hard to get a signal out there in places so maybe not tell him if it likes his phone so much.

coming from and English man America is truely the land of the beautiful and her nature is breathtaking.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:02 AM

960 posts, read 1,686,834 times
Love the pictures of the foliage !!!
Thanks for posting them.
My brother-in-law is going pheasant hunting in Maine next week and he promised me that he's going to take plenty of pictures of the fall foliage. I can't wait.
Can't get enough of seeing what fall looks like. It's HOOOTTT and humid today here in Florida.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:20 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,956,258 times
I had a doctor that I used to see out in Camarillo. I like it out there. Yeah it is a good place. Santa Clarita has anything and everything you could ever want, as far as shopping or dining out. There isnt much culture here. And because of all the shopping and what not, people are moving here in droves!!! It is crazy. The town is so over built and they keep on building. Roads that were 2 lanes became 4 and now they are 8. I hate it. The traffic and RUDE people are awful. And hey for 700,000 or more you can have a house with no backyard and neighbors so close you can hear their toilets flush.

I am glad you have enjoyed my posts. I really like this board. So many nice and helpful people. I like to ask questions, its not like we can just take a drive out there for the day and find these things out for ourselves. Atleast your hubby can offer his advice reguarding NH. Were you planning a move to NH sometime? My family and I cant wait to call Keene our home.

Last edited by 2goldens; 02-14-2009 at 05:41 PM..

Old 10-08-2007, 05:29 AM

67 posts, read 499,086 times
Just got back from Glenn/Jackson last night after a wonderful weekend with the Rugrats and of course.....Wife. We were right near Storyland. From where we were (302), you could see everywhere around you the beautiful colors! I would say next weekend will be the best.
Just remember, there is alot of traffic. Pull over and let traffic by IF your looking at the trees and NOT paying attention to your driving and traffic around you. There are plenty of places to pull over and take wonderful photo's of everything! I'm not giving a lecture, BUT you know what I mean.
Good luck and ENJOY!!!

Old 10-08-2007, 07:45 AM

68 posts, read 228,955 times
Yesterday we went for a drive to see the colors--we weren't disappointed. We took 302 to Bear Notch Rd. and then took the Kancamagus. The colors were beautiful!!! As we got to lower elevations on the Kanc the colors were muted-next weekend down around the Littleton area the colors should be good.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:32 AM

117 posts, read 485,775 times
We too went on the Kancamagus yesterday and was beautiful especially higher up and yes the lower elevations have a wee to go yet. It was funny because we had a couple of college girls probably looking to get to N. Conway and the outlets in a MA vehicle(mayber Plymouth State) and they were quite annoyed that we and the 3 cars ahead of them would not go faster than 40(speed limit). They finally passed 4 of us and we finally caught up with them about a mile ahead and they decided to turn around and go back. Obviously never drove up there during leaf peeper season.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:19 PM

2,392 posts, read 2,540,198 times
I wish I could go for a drive along the Kancamagus <sigh> If anyone has any good photos, please feel free to share

And I know this is off subject...but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
And hey for 700,000 or more you can have a house with no backyard and neighbors so close you can hear their toilets flush.
Suzet, thanks for making me chuckle Nothing like paying extra to hear what your neighbors are doing. And, yes, someday we will live (free or die) in New Hampshire. That way I could vacation someplace else
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire