Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 04:07 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,279,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelPel View Post
I think that it would be a good thing to run onto snow. Not only for the beauty of it but to also get a feel for the cold.
I'm with you on that one. I love cold. I can put on enough clothes to keep warm. There comes a point where I can't take off enough clothes to stay cool. I'll take a harsh winter over a harsh summer any time.

Quote:
Andrea Jean-have you been to Littleton? What about your family?
I've heard that Andrea Jean's husband is really smart and handsome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2006, 07:56 AM

28 posts, read 105,675 times
Good Morning mark-
I too prefer to be cold than hot. Nothing better than a fireplace to warm up next too.

Old 10-01-2006, 02:40 PM

Hello Everyone-
Does anyone have photos of Littleton that they might be able to email me?
I am SO looking forward to going there in Littleton. Does anyone have children that go to middle or high school there? Any information would be hepful

Old 10-03-2006, 08:26 AM

3,459 posts, read 10,269,613 times
You may want to start reading the Caledonian REcord online every day to get a feel with what is going on in the area. www.caledonianrecord.com Apparently there is a scandal going on with the Police Dept in Littleton right now.

Old 10-05-2006, 07:07 PM

Thank you Vter for the Info on the newspaper. It will definitely be helpful.

Old 10-07-2006, 12:13 AM

15 posts, read 66,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I've heard that Andrea Jean's husband is really smart and handsome.
In case you can't tell, my husband and I have been both asking questions on this forum. Mark S. thinks that my husband is smart and handsome, but he didn't say modest, did he? I got tired of telling him to ask questions so I just did some of my own.

MelPel-- I haven't been to Littleton, but all I have read online so far looks wonderful. My charming know-it-all husband Mark S. has family around the Nashua area, but that's too close to the urban sprawl for us.

Old 10-08-2006, 05:45 PM

Good Evening Andrea Jean,
What does your brother think of the cost of living in NH? What about the heating cost in the winter. That is one of my main concerns. I am not sure what elec/gas bills are like in Washington but do you have anything to compare to?

Old 10-08-2006, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Good Evening Andrea Jean,
What does your brother think of the cost of living in NH? What about the heating cost in the winter. That is one of my main concerns. I am not sure what elec/gas bills are like in Washington but do you have anything to compare to?
It's actually my brother (Andrea's bro-in-law), so I hope you don't mind if I answer.

I don't recall my family ever really commenting on the heating costs. Of course, they live in the extreme southeastern part of the state. They still get winter, of course, but nothing like further inland. (Temperature is 30 degrees in Littleton as I type this.) In the last 20 years or so that they've lived there, the big complaints I often heard from them were:

1.) High taxes, high real estate, and high everything when they lived in Massachusetts. Some of the family still works in Massachusetts, but they've all migrated up to NH in order to have a more affordable cost of living.

2.) Black flies can be bad in early summer.

3.) Many, many homes still don't have Air Conditioning, and every now and then New England can get hit with a really brutal summer. It makes life without an A/C really harsh.

4.) The closer you get to Boston, the worse the traffic gets.

Hope that helps!

Old 10-09-2006, 11:57 AM

Thanks MArk-
It does help. I guess I'll have to wait until Dec. when we visit and hopeefully talk to some of the peopel who live there to get actual comparison. Are you and your family planning on visiting Littleton anytime soon?

Old 10-09-2006, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Are you and your family planning on visiting Littleton anytime soon?
Come spring, we're going to check out large parts of New England and upstate New York. Littleton is definitely on the list!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire