Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 07:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,045 times

Advertisements

I agree that Muddy River is excellent. You can smell the smoked meat down the block.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 04:09 AM

216 posts, read 915,519 times
We used to LOVE Silo's Steakhouse in Merrimack, but haven't been in a few years so not sure if it's still as good. La Carretta in Manchester is excellent for Mexican! The Siam Orchid in Concord & Manchester is very good for Thai.

Love the Mile Away in Milford. CR Sparks in Bedford. Karen's Kitchen in Bedford for Breakfast, also the Black Forest in Amherst for Breakfast.

The Seedling in Nashua is great for organic & vegetarian lunch type fare. Mostly soups, salads & sandwiches.

Hermano's in Concord is FABULOUS for Mexican. The best I've had around here.

Great thread by the way, non-chains seem to offer much better quality IMO.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:45 AM

311 posts, read 997,152 times
What about your favorite Lakes Region or northern NH restaurants?

Old 06-29-2008, 01:36 PM

2,257 posts, read 8,186,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Best Pizza-Elvio's in Lincoln NH.
Best Breakfast-I agree with what others said-Friendly Toast in Portsmouth NH
I think I had pizza from Elvio's several years ago, but I remember thinking it was wonderful. I really have to go back and try it again!

Old 06-29-2008, 02:17 PM

68 posts, read 229,227 times
I think The Topic of the Town in Littleton has great food and the staff is so friendly--they remember you and make you feel at home--that's important to us. Also Mr. Lee's Chinese has good food and for pizza we like Porfido's. We've heard Tim-bar alley has good food, but the prices are very high. There's a semi new place in town called Apthorp Commons and they have just recently opened for dinner. Their food is quite good and prices aren't bad, either. It seems like there is something for everyone in Littleton!!

Old 06-29-2008, 02:31 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,185,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicocutie View Post
I think The Topic of the Town in Littleton has great food and the staff is so friendly--they remember you and make you feel at home--that's important to us. Also Mr. Lee's Chinese has good food and for pizza we like Porfido's. We've heard Tim-bar alley has good food, but the prices are very high. There's a semi new place in town called Apthorp Commons and they have just recently opened for dinner. Their food is quite good and prices aren't bad, either. It seems like there is something for everyone in Littleton!!
Hi Calico - Agree with you about Topic of the Town and Porfido's! Haven't been to Mr. Lee's Chinese or Tim-bar Alley - have had "breakfast" at Apthorp Commons. For Mexican, there's Alburrito's!

Old 06-29-2008, 02:42 PM

68 posts, read 229,227 times
Hi, Dare--Apthorp Commons used to serve a full breakfast, but now it's a continental because they're open for dinner. They want to eventually be open for a full breakfast again. I've heard Alburrito's is good, but we don't like spicy food much.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:58 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,185,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicocutie View Post
Hi, Dare--Apthorp Commons used to serve a full breakfast, but now it's a continental because they're open for dinner. They want to eventually be open for a full breakfast again. I've heard Alburrito's is good, but we don't like spicy food much.
Calico - I can't eat spicy food, as it repeats forever! Just tell John you want it non-spicy and he'll fix whatever you want that way - he's very good like that

Old 06-30-2008, 01:22 PM

1,771 posts, read 5,072,979 times
Having been born and raised in NJ and frequented NYC and Philly I'm a bit of a food snob (mostly Italian & Diner foods)- I must say that Giorgio's in Merrimack was pretty good; definately some of the best Italian I've had since moving up here.

I also second Red Arrow being great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire