Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 09:33 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,178,016 times

Advertisements

I appreciate your words Carbondated-I really have no answers as to why it went so well, except that it was meant to be. If you want something bad enough, magic happens-and luckily for us, we have each other on these boards to help bounce ideas and circulate that great energy that I could just eat up from all of you like Rocky Road ice cream!

I got the job! I start Monday-at a plant, helping 4 engineers put their schematics to the database for their 3,000 unit project ending (ready for this??) on my 33 birthday.

It was meant to be again, especially when the interview had waYYY too many coincidences that made my mouth drop. The first thing out the senior engineer's mouth was, "I'm so glad to have met you young lady, and now let me tell you how you're going to make such a difference to my little company." WoW.

That's all I gotta leave you guys with today, is WOW. Why the HECK did I ever leave home???? /remove-moron-dna-immediately.

Last edited by Katlakat; 10-12-2007 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: mispelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2007, 01:20 PM

7 posts, read 10,484 times
Best Wishes Kat please let us know how the interview went!

Old 10-12-2007, 01:21 PM

OMG THAT"S AWESOME KAT!!!!!!!! Congrates you just gave me more hope that we will be getting out of here soon!!!!

Old 10-12-2007, 02:07 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,178,016 times
You'll love it up here, if you can handle the cold wetness and snow season. I'll let you know if I remain Mrs. Perky after May LOL. I think we should have a CDF luncheon sometime and get together, all of us who are regulars and really have some fun over coffee or even a beer. That would be very cool-I'm trying to get up to Littleton this weekend and meet windchimes. It would be nice to meet you too Blues, you might be a transplant soon!

Old 10-12-2007, 05:28 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,175,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlakat View Post
You'll love it up here, if you can handle the cold wetness and snow season. I'll let you know if I remain Mrs. Perky after May LOL. I think we should have a CDF luncheon sometime and get together, all of us who are regulars and really have some fun over coffee or even a beer. That would be very cool-I'm trying to get up to Littleton this weekend and meet windchimes. It would be nice to meet you too Blues, you might be a transplant soon!
Kat - As we headed into fall/winter last year I was filled with trepidation over the cold/snow headed our way. From what I understand, last winter was relatively mild, but still colder than what I was used to - snow didn't really hit in a big way until late in the winter - but I did fine...I'm sure you will do fine as well. The way I look at it, you can either enjoy the new environment, customs, things to do, etc. learn about it and "revel" in it...or you can sit around b*tchin' about the weather and things you can't change....I chose the former and enjoyed it - my enthusiasm for this area hasn't diminished, if anything it has grown....each day it seems I learn more about the area, which is terrific.

I was in the bookstore today....sorry you couldn't make it up here, but you had a very productive day and got a job! Congratulations again!

Old 10-12-2007, 06:59 PM

What do you all think about Nashua, Concord, Manchester??? My husband and I are thinking about the bigger towns in NH for job sake. My sister in law is driving up to Nashua this weekend to check the town out. My husband works at Ford Credit and I'm working an a Project Coordinator Manager for an Engineering firm. Does that sound promising for jobs out there??? I've got a friend out here that used to live in Boston we are going to meet him for lunch tomorrow and he's going to give us some more ideas. How much did it cost you guys to move all your stuff up there? I don't know if it would be cheaper to rent a Uhaul or have movers move us out. Or just dump everything and get up there fast ;0)

Old 10-12-2007, 07:01 PM

Kat,
P.S. My husband and I are both originally from Wyoming ;0) We are good with the cold weather. We miss snow at Christmas that's for darn sure!

Old 10-12-2007, 09:25 PM

108 posts, read 341,360 times
Blues, movers will cost you.

Let's see. Last time we moved across the country (1700 miles) we rented the biggest Uhaul you can get. If I remember it right it was either $1400 or $1600. We paid $200 to help us load the stuff (was worth every penny!). My husband drove Uhaul and I drove our other vehicle. Fuel was about $300 for our SUV, and close to $600 for Uhaul (gas was $2.70 or so per gallon). We spent two nights in hotels. And paid another $20 to a helper who took our heavy bedroom upstairs.

If you want a moving company, my guess you are starting at $5K.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:34 PM

885 posts, read 2,660,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las Vegas Blues View Post
How much did it cost you guys to move all your stuff up there? I don't know if it would be cheaper to rent a Uhaul or have movers move us out. Or just dump everything and get up there fast ;0)
My full-service move from L.A. to N.H with North American Van Lines with insurance for a 4-bed house (17,000lbs) was around $13K. Long distance is expensive if you use a top-tier company but I'm sure you can get better deals from smaller companies - just tougher to pick an honest one.
Read up on moving companies and how to avoid the bad ones at movingscam.com.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:14 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,943,398 times
What a great birthday present!!
Think back Kat, to your last birthday. Did you in your wildest dreams think that less than a year later, you'd be celebrating a move, a job and your next birthday in New Hampshire, in the lakes region at that!
Life is amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlakat View Post

I got the job! I start Monday-at a plant, helping 4 engineers put their schematics to the database for their 3,000 unit project ending (ready for this??) on my 33 birthday.

It was meant to be again, especially when the interview had waYYY too many coincidences that made my mouth drop. The first thing out the senior engineer's mouth was, "I'm so glad to have met you young lady, and now let me tell you how you're going to make such a difference to my little company." WoW.

That's all I gotta leave you guys with today, is WOW. Why the HECK did I ever leave home???? /remove-moron-dna-immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire