Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 11:11 PM

27 posts, read 43,851 times

Advertisements

Some of you people act like it's the end of NH as you know it. I'm sorry to tell you, but this is the future of politics in this state. I'm a young person and I was born and have lived here my entire life. I know the people my age in this state. This generation is overwhelmingly liberal; it's just the truth. That is what is changing NH politics.

We care about voting and our civil rights (most of us, at least). You can't blame evil, communist Massachusetts anymore; they're your children and grandchildren. And don't think we're stupid. We know there is bull**** on both sides of the aisle, the difference is that the GOP has been hijacked by religious extremists and it turns off everyone who isn't a white Christian man. NH chose the least crazy party; accept it for the time being.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:15 PM

214 posts, read 290,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
Yes we do.. we need a major voter reform..we need to make voting harder.. We need set hours, we need to get rid of mail in ballots and early voting except for our military personnel.
You did not just actually say that without being sarcastic! Making voting harder for nearly everyone for... what reason, exactly?

Quote:
And face it folks we need both an IQ and a basic comprehension test. We have allowed this country to be sold out by voters of the lowest common denominator. People who apparently cannot think for themselves , people who have no comprehension of the issues and the candidates true stand ought not be allowed to vote. This election was won by stupid people in large numbers and for the benefit of our country it must stop.
So someone who is (presumably) from the same political movement that is calling for freedom from government interference, is calling for the government to arbitrarily select who gets to vote and who doesn't?

Last edited by Off-beat; 11-07-2012 at 11:16 PM.. Reason: Spacing adjustment

Old 11-08-2012, 02:50 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,543,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off-beat View Post
You did not just actually say that without being sarcastic! Making voting harder for nearly everyone for... what reason, exactly?

So someone who is (presumably) from the same political movement that is calling for freedom from government interference, is calling for the government to arbitrarily select who gets to vote and who doesn't?
Why make voting harder.. so the lazy, the stupid and the willfully ignorant will be removed from the voting base.. yeah I know it would be bring ruin to the democratic party but I'll risk it... Just think no more elections where the battle cry is I VOTED FOR ( Insert name ) he gave me a cell phone.. wouldn't that be great!

Old 11-08-2012, 05:17 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes2theSky View Post
Some of you people act like it's the end of NH as you know it. I'm sorry to tell you, but this is the future of politics in this state. I'm a young person and I was born and have lived here my entire life. I know the people my age in this state. This generation is overwhelmingly liberal; it's just the truth. That is what is changing NH politics.

We care about voting and our civil rights (most of us, at least). You can't blame evil, communist Massachusetts anymore; they're your children and grandchildren. And don't think we're stupid. We know there is bull**** on both sides of the aisle, the difference is that the GOP has been hijacked by religious extremists and it turns off everyone who isn't a white Christian man. NH chose the least crazy party; accept it for the time being.
If you care about civil rights, you wouldn't vote for a person who thinks he has the right to carry out targeted assassinations of U.S. citizens, have the military detain anyone deemed a terror suspect, a man who has vowed to infringe on the second amendment and who has appointed SCOTUS justices who refuse to even accept it. Moreover, who knows how many generations will be saddled with the bill for his spending.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:52 AM

1,708 posts, read 2,911,481 times
Looks like the parts of the state that border VT are the most Democratic.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:19 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
My heart goes out to all of those in New Hampshire that were hoping for a Republican victory. Sorry it didn't happen. This really affects my decision on whether to move to New Hampshire (or New England) for that fact.
There are plenty of other states to pick from, too bad you won't be moving here. As much as some people would like to fantasize about controlling how others vote, they can't. You'll just have to live with that or live in a state where the vast majority share your political opinion.

Here, a tidbit for those of you who want to restrict voting to those you consider worthy. Enjoy.
Restrictive Voter Laws On The Rise | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Old 11-08-2012, 07:22 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,447,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
There are plenty of other states to pick from, too bad you won't be moving here. As much as some people would like to fantasize about controlling how others vote, they can't. You'll just have to live with that or live in a state where the vast majority share your political opinion.

Here, a tidbit for those of you who want to restrict voting to those you consider worthy. Enjoy.
Restrictive Voter Laws On The Rise | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

There are. And even though I enjoy Northern NH, when I am in the states (rarely), stores such as yours are the ones we personally avoid (no slams here, just personal preference when it comes to the least bit of taste).

"Live it or leave it" was an old saying... one I believe...

MacMuz... where do we run to? Upstate Maine will help, but we may have to go on the other side of the planet to get away from the flaming liberals.... I am already there....

As the statement is said, "you can't fix stupid"

JMHO, so no moderator intervention. Please.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:39 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
There are. And even though I enjoy Northern NH, when I am in the states (rarely), stores such as yours are the ones we personally avoid (no slams here, just personal preference when it comes to the least bit of taste).
"Stores?" I don't own any stores. What in the world are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
As the statement is said, "you can't fix stupid"
Indeed.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:26 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,018,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off-beat View Post

Agreed.. my first thought was the person who gave that opinion should be the first one not allowed to vote.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:51 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
You can blame the Tea Party.
Folks are just tired of all of that.
Oh I dunno. I think you will live long enough to see the folly and that will feel cold tired and hungry.

It is interesting that NH went ALL Democrat, but failed to pass any of the 3 questions on the ballot.

That way i see that is NH wants big spending but NH wants somebody else to pay for it.

Since NH wants big spending and wants a softer safer more 'feeling' place to be, I plan to help spending. In a few weeks I will be 61, and i have already been deemed partly disabled by the state for a work related back injury in 1987, where the CONS didn't want to PAY for the surgery. I think this early fall I slipped another disk just standing....

I am going to see if SSI and the state will get me in for a look for the new laser surgery and if it could help I want it. I will need assistance to pay for that, since before with the pre existing condition it was illegal for me to try and buy any form of heath care insurance...

This can't be both ways...... So someone other than me is going to PAY.
I wonder what a pain free day feels like? I wonder if i won't have to pretend anymore that I am FINE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire