Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 08:30 PM

83 posts, read 69,682 times

Advertisements

It's that month of the year again. My favorite time, and probably several others as well.

Keene is having the annual Pumpkin Festival where they have all sorts of attractions and of course Pumpkin carving.

Who else in New England is having festivities? What's your favorite thing(s) to do this time of the year?

The cool breeze moves in.. leaves falling, the signs of autumn everywhere. Children playing in the piles of leaves raked up by their fathers, the smell of a good pot roast coming from moms oven.....

Halloween is upon us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 09:14 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,955,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRR View Post
It's that month of the year again. My favorite time, and probably several others as well.

Keene is having the annual Pumpkin Festival where they have all sorts of attractions and of course Pumpkin carving.

Who else in New England is having festivities? What's your favorite thing(s) to do this time of the year?

The cool breeze moves in.. leaves falling, the signs of autumn everywhere. Children playing in the piles of leaves raked up by their fathers, the smell of a good pot roast coming from moms oven.....

Halloween is upon us!
Ok that just depressed me. Haha. I cant wait till my family and I are out there to experience the fall first hand. I make the most incredible Pumkin Pound Cake, and Pumkpin Squares ever!! lol. I only make them at Halloween time, my family and friends really look forward to them. Oh and I will be the one playing in the leaves, I am such a big kid at heart. As long as I dont get a tick on me. That whole thing has me freaked out. I want to feel the crisp air blowing on my face and hearing the rain hitting my roof. One of my dreams is to be able to cook Thanksgiving Dinner on a cold, rainy day and have the house smell of all the wonderful things I make. Not have the airconditoner on and getting hot flashes cuz it is too darn hot.

Out here, everyone it seems tries to up their neighbor with the Halloween decorations, they look great, but it is still sad. Even Halloween is a competion. The need to compete is crazy. You should see Christmas time..they are even crazier then. I hope Keene isnt like that.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:19 PM

83 posts, read 69,682 times
Well I have ALMOST 3 years to wait. I am down to about 2 1/2 now since I started posting online.

I can remember Autumn from when I was a kid. That's how it was, and I hope it's still the same way.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:56 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,955,436 times
Quote:
Well I have ALMOST 3 years to wait. I am down to about 2 1/2 now since I started posting online.

I can remember Autumn from when I was a kid. That's how it was, and I hope it's still the same way.
Well from what I have been told by people in Vermont and NH it is. So we both have something to look forward to

Old 10-15-2007, 10:53 AM

67 posts, read 499,050 times
Quote:

Halloween is upon us!
TexasRR, and Everyone else! PLEASE, be aware of your children playing in the leaves. Tragic story of two children playing in the leaves (very close to home) when one of them was hiding in the pile and their Father came home driving in the driveway/partialy ontop of the leaves not knowing His child was in there. I wouldn't want to live with that for the rest of my life.
Just something to be aware of at this time of year.

Old 10-16-2007, 02:45 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,177,765 times
Its our first Halloween here-I don't see us having any trick or treaters though Our house is way out on a dirt road, and I only know of 5 houses on this whole stree that's almost a mile long.

We're decked out though complete with graveyard and lights. I'll have to post a picture. We want to go to pumpkin festivals and have watched the papers, but haven't seen much in our area that we were interested in going to. Plus we've just been too busy. Next weekend will be great though, its our 5 year anniversary. I want to have some fun.

Anyone near the Lakes region know of anything going on? Hay rides? anything?

TexasRR that's a horrible accident, Holy Cow. I never would have imagined something like that happening. We never did our piles close to the road or driveways though. My 3 brothers had to jump off the low awning roofs and trampolines and stuff, to get hurt that way.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:49 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,065,882 times
Hello from over the Lebanon border in VT!
We've decorated our porch for Halloween and today I saw a whole bunch of people driving by with 'corn stalks.' Is that a big thing here...decorating with corn stalks?

Old 10-16-2007, 09:19 PM

38 posts, read 45,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlakat View Post

TexasRR that's a horrible accident, Holy Cow. I never would have imagined something like that happening. We never did our piles close to the road or driveways though. My 3 brothers had to jump off the low awning roofs and trampolines and stuff, to get hurt that way.
Nope, that was Sambo who posted that comment....

We never piled our leaves near the driveway either. Usually in the center of the yard someplace.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:12 PM

You should all take a look at this free newsletter.. "Heart of New England".

http://www.theheartofnewengland.com/index.html

Think there's something on the Pumpkin festival in the latest issue.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:39 PM

14 more days til Halloween... Halloween... Halloween...14 more days til Halloween... Sillllver shamrock..!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire