Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2007, 12:11 PM

151 posts, read 818,083 times

Advertisements

I am curious about apartment rental/city suggestions for SoNH. I work in Salem just off 93. My family will be moving back to Texas (next year), thus I have a necessity to be somewhat near an airport. I will be remaining here in NH at least part-time for the foreseeable future. I'm not so much concerned about price as I am being near a decently safe, somewhat vibrant, walkable downtown with lots of things (restaurants, and such) nearby....and/or perhaps some nice parks (city, state, etc) or nature trails nearby. I know Manchester gets a lot of negative comments, but I think that's my best option (airport nearby). I've considered Portsmouth, because I like the downtown harbor area with it has to offer, but it's a little farther than I'd prefer to drive. For that matter, I really like Concord (quiet, peaceful looking city), but am shying away from it for the same reason (distance to exit 2 on 93). I'd prefer to keep my commute to around 30 minutes or less, if possible. No schools or property taxes to worry about. I'm 38 so I wouldn't say I am looking to relive my college days, but would prefer an area with a little bit of life to keep me occupied while away from my family. As for proximity to other things, I am more likely to go north into the Lakes/mountain regions or east to the coast than I am to go down to Boston. Logan Airport or an occasional concert or sporting event would be the only reason I'd ever go down to Boston.

Any comments that you Manchester, Concord, Portsmouth, Nashua "city-dwellers" can give me would greatly be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire