Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 01:02 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,965,449 times

Advertisements

It is funny, the only person who has said a good thing about me wanting to move to NH has been my Dad and his family. I think that is too funny. My stepsister lived in NH for a year, and just loved it. In about a year, she and her family are moving to upperstate NY. So she is hoping we will move to NH or Vermont, so we will be closer to each other. What a strange turn of events. But happy ones.

I dont even know how to say this, as I didnt want to say it outloud. My "dear" husband has a chance to go to friggen Peru and see the Nazca Lines, and then off to Machu Picchuto to see the Lost City of the Incas... And of course, it is in the last part of Sept and 1st week of Oct. Sigh. I am hoping he doesnt go. It will be a group of his friends, and there is some spiritual speaker they want to hear who will also be there. I actually got sick to my stomach when he told me....I keep saying if it is meant to be, it is meant to be and will happen. He said well we could maybe go to NE in November...yay, the ugly month. It is in between Halloween, Fall Foliage and Christmas.. I cant talk about it anymore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 01:39 AM

213 posts, read 508,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captjob View Post
Mostro, well put. We live just south of you in Murrieta. Although I have a few years to wait, getting to NH is the ultimate goal. I have traveled back east extensively over the years and what can I say, we are in love. Can’t wait to get out of California for good and become a true New Englander living in Northern HN.

Every time we need a seasonal change it takes 5 plane tickets and a 7-hour flight to get one. I talk to people all the time about retiring in NH and most people look at me as if I were crazy. I get the typical response like "doesn’t it snow there" or " why would you pick New Hampshire?"

They just dont understand. Bad for them, good for me.

Captjob
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Hey neighbor yeh, Murrieta is'nt that far at all. I see you're a firefighter. Up north with all those fires, I'll tell you what Capt, I really respect that. I retired with 25 years from fire dept back east. would'nt want your job tho.
You'll like it in NE. Good luck

Old 07-22-2008, 03:18 AM

42 posts, read 185,478 times
one ear in and the other out
everyone has different likes and hates
everyone will choose his lifestyle
so keep yourself

Old 07-22-2008, 05:09 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,185,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post

I dont even know how to say this, as I didnt want to say it outloud. My "dear" husband has a chance to go to friggen Peru and see the Nazca Lines, and then off to Machu Picchuto to see the Lost City of the Incas... And of course, it is in the last part of Sept and 1st week of Oct. Sigh. I am hoping he doesnt go. It will be a group of his friends, and there is some spiritual speaker they want to hear who will also be there. I actually got sick to my stomach when he told me....I keep saying if it is meant to be, it is meant to be and will happen. He said well we could maybe go to NE in November...yay, the ugly month. It is in between Halloween, Fall Foliage and Christmas.. I cant talk about it anymore
Ya know Suzet (and please don't be hurt or offended by this) - IMO, you really need to tell your husband that he needs to respect your wishes once in awhile. You have things booked and lined up for your trip to NE - he's found ways to "postpone" the trip 2 or 3 times already and that REALLY isn't fair to you or your daughters.

He wants to hear a spiritual speaker? Well, IMO, if the spiritual speaker is worth his salt, he would tell your husband to honor his wife and not bail out on the plans that have already been made and put in place and that he needs to stop being selfish and think of his wife and family.

Since your stepsister used to live in NH and will be moving to NY - do you think, if your husband insists on going on "his" trip, your stepsister might want to come with you? It might be an alternative for you - you wouldn't be alone, you'd have someone with you and your husband would realize how serious you are about getting here....and it would show him that he can't keep doing this to you....just a thought.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:49 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,457,682 times
Capt, good to see you again!
Suzet, Dare has a good idea traveling w/someone else...

Old 07-22-2008, 07:21 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,051,867 times
(echoing Dare's sentiments) ask him point blank why his opportunities ALWAYS get precedent over your needs?! yes, it's a great opportunity for him, but sometimes you have to do a bit of give and take in a marriage, it's not all about him. Or if it is..... it's time for you to do some really heavy thinking. If he's any kind of a man, he'll put you first for a change, and the plans that you've had for many months.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:15 PM

264 posts, read 617,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
It is funny, the only person who has said a good thing about me wanting to move to NH has been my Dad and his family. I think that is too funny. My stepsister lived in NH for a year, and just loved it. In about a year, she and her family are moving to upperstate NY. So she is hoping we will move to NH or Vermont, so we will be closer to each other. What a strange turn of events. But happy ones.

Hi Suzet,

Really, maybe you should just stowaway with us on our trip back East. There is always room for one more. Just get yourself there and take some time to enjoy and relax in a completely different environment. Even if you schedule a small vacation away, alone if need be, you may really find yourself in NH. My trip in May was solo and I cant wait to get my family back there so they can see what I saw. It is worth every minute of it.

Come on....be a Nike and just do it!

Captjob

Old 07-22-2008, 04:18 PM

264 posts, read 617,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosrto View Post
Hey neighbor yeh, Murrieta is'nt that far at all. I see you're a firefighter. Up north with all those fires, I'll tell you what Capt, I really respect that. I retired with 25 years from fire dept back east. would'nt want your job tho.
You'll like it in NE. Good luck
Hi Mosrto,

Thats awesome! I cant wait to retire as well. Still have 9 more to go for my 30+ years on the job; however, when thats done its time for something new....something New England that is. Out of California and out of the IE for good!

Captjob

Old 07-23-2008, 05:14 PM

73 posts, read 201,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhrocky View Post
Remote from where? An 2 hr ride to Boston isn't very far IMO if you really need to get there for shopping/entertainment. It wouldn't really be great for a daily commute, I admit. The college is on the Main Street in Keene and while it has taken up quite a few of the surrounding neighborhoods, there are more than enough outlying residential areas to not be disturbed by the college crowd, plus there's many other small towns close to Keene within a 5-20 min drive.
Keene is VERY remote. You have to drive over an horu if you wnat to go shopping and tehre is nothing to do unless you like to party at the college....I am so happy i got out of that town lol.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:27 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,965,449 times
Hmm, where to start on this one. I know we should get to come to NE, as I have been planning this for quite some time now. I think it will work out some how. The worst case, he goes to Peru, and we come to NE in Nov (hopefully). It might be a bit tricky, as both trips will costs a fair amount of money. At this point, I will be happy to just get there.

As far as all the other things said, lol, I have said the same things to him. Sigh, but then, how often do you get to take a cool trip to Peru, ya know? Like I have said before, if things are meant to be, they are meant to be. I cant change life or where it takes me. I go with the flow. But sometimes I do get disappointed, then it goes away, and life continues. All I know is, I wish with all my heart, that it is in the cards of my life for me to get out to NE at some point in my life. I feel that part of my life is meant to be there. So we shall see. But if any of you all feel so inclined to send out some good thoughts for us to make it out there, that would be great too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire