Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 08:29 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,947,733 times

Advertisements

Lisa, you should try to get out to the seacoast, driving along 101 especially during the day is really not bad. You can drive the speed limit, or even under, and people won't be on your rear bumper trying to hurry you up. Did you know that they completely redid 101, and it's a now 2-lane in each direction, all the way from Manchester almost into Hampton Beach. Or you can drive 111 all the way, through Exeter if you prefer.

That house that I posted the link for... I just did a search for oceanfront property on MLS, and fell in love with that one. Sometimes I do these crazy searches just to see how "the other half" lives Homes in Rye, New Castle, etc, and in Massachusetts, Manchester by the Sea, Gloucester, various towns on Cape Ann... just too beautiful. Yes, I bet Suzet could happily live in one of our seacoast towns

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
lol, pinky promises...too silly, JFR!
I agree about the seacoast- haven't been that way in yrs, but it's probably a good choice for transitioning from W.Coast to E. Val, you really know what you're doing, you sent Suzet a house that looks like it's from there, but it's here, and right on the water, too. Excellent!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 06:06 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,957,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
Lisa, you should try to get out to the seacoast, driving along 101 especially during the day is really not bad. You can drive the speed limit, or even under, and people won't be on your rear bumper trying to hurry you up. Did you know that they completely redid 101, and it's a now 2-lane in each direction, all the way from Manchester almost into Hampton Beach. Or you can drive 111 all the way, through Exeter if you prefer.

That house that I posted the link for... I just did a search for oceanfront property on MLS, and fell in love with that one. Sometimes I do these crazy searches just to see how "the other half" lives Homes in Rye, New Castle, etc, and in Massachusetts, Manchester by the Sea, Gloucester, various towns on Cape Ann... just too beautiful. Yes, I bet Suzet could happily live in one of our seacoast towns

I bet I could too. I need to hurry up and win that lotto!!!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:59 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times
Don't move to Keene!!

Old 08-01-2008, 05:09 PM

122 posts, read 313,366 times
Dwatted Wabbit ~ you can't leave it like that. Why not move to Keene??

Old 08-01-2008, 05:11 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,957,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanciegord View Post
Dwatted Wabbit ~ you can't leave it like that. Why not move to Keene??
Nanciegord, you beat me to it. I was going to ask Dwatted the same thing..lol.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:15 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Don't move to Keene!!
Move to a town near Keene if you want to pay lower property taxes

Old 08-01-2008, 08:29 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
Keene is not all that bad but within a radius of 20 minutes you will have no less than 20 small towns to choose from!

Old 08-01-2008, 10:57 PM

105 posts, read 357,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post

I think my town "within a radius of 20 minutes" might be trying to catch up, if not pass Keene, just got the reappraisal/appeal notice in today's mail. Yikes! They're definitely trying to catch up to market value in one fell swoop!

Old 08-02-2008, 09:48 AM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhrocky View Post
I think my town "within a radius of 20 minutes" might be trying to catch up, if not pass Keene, just got the reappraisal/appeal notice in today's mail. Yikes! They're definitely trying to catch up to market value in one fell swoop!
Claremont has high equalized tax rates, eh? Just a guess

Old 08-02-2008, 11:03 AM

105 posts, read 357,920 times
Plains10,

No not Claremont, TG. I just saw their tax rate on a NH Towns property rate chart. YIKES!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire